AI/palpating course dates are set

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

For anyone interested the dates for the AI course including palpating are set.
August 6-10th.
Cost is 300.00 bucks. And you get AI certification with that.
They only accept 30 people so if you're thinking about it get in on it quick
It's in deer park fl at the Deseret ranch. Student teacher ratio is almost 1:1
Contact to register:

[email protected].
Payment to:
CFLAG
3695 lake dr
Cocoa fl 32926

More info can be found at:
http://cflag.ifas.ufl.edu/

Or you could fly down here on your dime and show me yourself.
This class gets some real good reviews And is taught by some of the most repspected ag guys around here. One of them is one of the first vets to do the Biopryn testing and labwork in florida.
but if you're gonna fly down I'd still let you show me

You can learn everything that they can teach you on line and the stuff inside of a cow is still trial and error on your part... You either get it or you don't. Nobody can teach you to close your eyes and thread a needle.
About the only benefit to an AI school is that they typically provide you with some live animals to work on... They aren't in heat so the feel is not the same but at least you'll know how it feels to stick your arm in one.
For my money I think I'd do the research online, go to the butcher shop for a practice reproductive track, and save the money for a few extra straws of semen.
That's how I got my start.

You can learn everything that they can teach you on line and the stuff inside of a cow is still trial and error on your part... You either get it or you don't. Nobody can teach you to close your eyes and thread a needle.

But then you all get to ragg each other for not being able to thread a needle with eyes closed... for a lot who did the LIC course it was 30 hours a week for two weeks, plus running their dairy farms while travelling to the slaughterhouse between milkings every day. Some of the guys said it was the craziest and best fortnight of their lives. Most were training to be techs, of the eight on my course i was the only one training to DIY my own herd.

Hook the class is worth takeing. You should learn alot. But CP is right you may still have to come home and learn how to breed a cow. I took a class that ABS folks here in the state does, and would do it agin. But a guy i got to know after i took the class help me more about getting cows bred than the class did.

I took the A.I. class at Mississippi State University and it was very good. I went from having very little knowledge of doing A.I. to getting cows bred two months after completing the course. The key is practice. I liken it to threading a needle inside a wet, shifting sack, blindfolded at the bottom of a Kentucky coal mine with no lights.

My goal now is to learn how to palpate.

Class is already paid for. I'm lookin at turning this into a money making thing too. No one, not even genex, will come out here for less than 10 hd. And I'm surrounded by cattle operations from 1-50 head. And even then I don't know of anyone within 20 miles of me that does AI on their herd.
There's a niche to be filled here and I aim on filling it