AI Labor only cost

Help Support CattleToday:

Lawson Farms

Reaction score
Had a former-dairy neighbor come over this morning and help me AI a few cows. What is the going rate for that service? He supplied labor only. I supplied all semen, shots, supplies, and labor to get cows in and out of chute. It's amazing what 50 years of AI experience will do for speed versus 4 years of a few times per year. He beat me 2:1 on number of cows serviced. Hopefully my %pregnant will be closer to even.

Holy cow, pun intented, that sounds high. Around here I think it is $7-$10 per head. Not sure if there is a farm call fee also but I would guess that would depend on how many head.

I charge $10 trip for up to 5 miles and $5/head if selling semen out of my tank. Your semen I don't have to do anything but arm service I'd go $7.50-10 depending on how busy I was and how fast they come in.....tech's around here are $7-25 depending on how many and so on......

Yep. That's why I went to the school. But you guys also have to remember around here most places are 2-3 hd.

I had 54 heifers breed about three weeks ago. The labor was $10 a head. No milage. Two guys, one thawing and one doing the breeding. They did 54 head in 2 hours with a little water break in the middle.

Latest posts