AI Choices

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Since the new AI catalogs are coming out I have started looking at them for a bull to use on our heifers this spring. In the past we have used the Black Angus bulls Hall of Fame and Canyon. The Hall of Fame calves really impressed us, but I didn't care much for the Canyon calves.

One of the bulls that has caught my eye so far is Prime Cut 0145 out of the ABS catalog. I like his looks, and his numbers seem fairly good although the accuracies aren't quite as high as I would like. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with him. Also I would be interested in other suggestions. I am more interested in growth however, than in absolute calving ease. The heifers we are breeding are mostly hereford and angus or shorhorn cross.

Have you ever seen Peak Dot's catalog? I'm certainly not a fan of how they feed their cattle, but they sell apile of heifers out of their Prime Cut son, and he is a tank. Every heifer I've sen pics of that's out of that bull, are real thick and broody.

Can't speak from any personal experience though. Sorry.

purecountry":t7jhmr8z said:
Have you ever seen Peak Dot's catalog? I'm certainly not a fan of how they feed their cattle, but they sell apile of heifers out of their Prime Cut son, and he is a tank. Every heifer I've sen pics of that's out of that bull, are real thick and broody.

Can't speak from any personal experience though. Sorry.

I have to say that I have never seen their catalog. I have never seen much of their cattle either, but the ones I have seen haven't impressed me. They do not have a great reputation locally (I live about 1/2 hour from them).

I have been very impressed with the BAndo 9074 calves that I have seen. His numbers are fairly close to Prime Cut 0145 and I believe you will like the calves better as well. He does carry a higher Milk EPD with the daughters in production to suggest he carries a bit of accuracy there as well. I believe Genex carries his semen.

Latest posts