AI calving done, seven for seven

Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn

Reaction score
Used timed AI for the registered heifers plus a few select cows.. 7 for 7 (4 heifers, 3 bulls) Now on to the 40 cows bred natural service. A few pictures..

6677_107_Oct62011.jpg

926_101_oct62011.jpg

904_102_oct62011.jpg

Looks like a couple of nice calves. That first cow looks pretty big. Is that last cow angus or cross, lots of white?

Good going, that first calf looks as though he has the goods, great prescence caught in that photo. I am just going down now to inseminate 2 more of my registered cows, I doubt that I'll get your strike rate.
Ken

The "big" cow weighed 1515# after feeding her to let the kid show her as a cow/calf.. She ate grass all summer probably is 1500-1525# at calving. The calf in the first picture is a heifer btw.

The cow with all the white has E161 in the pedigree, notice the calf has zero white.. but she is pretty much pure angus but unregistered.

Something to keep in mind while AIing with Reg. Angus Sires. TC Total 410 tends to throw a lot of calves with white in front of the navel. known fact in the industry. That is a bummer because you can't register them.

Latest posts