AI Breeding calfing date

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

When breeding AI, How many days prior to or after the projected due date can a cow and/or heifer calf. I have heard all kinds of answers, but would like to know the facts. Any help will be appreciated.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

The accepted range is 265 to 295 days, both are very extreme, usually 276 to 290 days will cover most calvings. Each breed has their own average, and lines in that breed will vary. If the A.I. calf is to be registered, the association will have rules regarding pasture exposure after the A.I. date. If the dates are in question a parentage test will be required.<p>Jason Trowbridge<br>Southern Angus Farms<br>Alberta Canada
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":1159snpp said:
: The accepted range is 265 to 295 days, both are very extreme, usually 276 to 290 days will cover most calvings. Each breed has their own average, and lines in that breed will vary. If the A.I. calf is to be registered, the association will have rules regarding pasture exposure after the A.I. date. If the dates are in question a parentage test will be required.<p>: Jason Trowbridge<br>: Southern Angus Farms<br>: Alberta Canada<p>
<br>

(User Above)":29c1rcn4 said:
: : The accepted range is 265 to 295 days, both are very extreme, usually 276 to 290 days will cover most calvings. Each breed has their own average, and lines in that breed will vary. If the A.I. calf is to be registered, the association will have rules regarding pasture exposure after the A.I. date. If the dates are in question a parentage test will be required.<p>: : Jason Trowbridge<br>: : Southern Angus Farms<br>: : Alberta Canada<p>Jason,<br> Thanks for the info.<p>Harry<br>
<br>

(User Above)":1nm0pizc said:
: When breeding AI, How many days prior to or after the projected due date can a cow and/or heifer calf. I have heard all kinds of answers, but would like to know the facts. Any help will be appreciated.<p>If you can provide me with the BREED, I can tell you what the gestation period is.<br>I think that was your Q ?<br>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts