Agricultural Resource Management Survey

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
This is my Cost And Returns Report.

I guess it's my turn. The USDA sent an older man out to the house to meet and greet me. I've been kind of thinking that they'd show up one of these days. He was parked at my gate waiting on someone to let him in. But someone told him what he and his boss could do.
I always figured that my last stand would involve the EPA, hopefully it'll all blow over and they'll stay off my dang property. I have nothing to hide but I'm not backing down one inch. This is my land, my cows, and I don't cost share or ask the government for a dime of help.

The more I think about it the more aggravated I get. I have neighbors that cost share or are subsidized for ponds - lakes, irrigation systems complete with pivots and deep wells. But it doesn't stop there, concrete water pads for their cows, fencing, hay barns, and a host of other things including subsidies and so on and so forth. I feel that the cost share programs and farm subsidies are no different than welfare, foodstamps, or any other government programs, including free phones and all the other free BS.
I myself ask for nothing and I want nothing from the government. Well besides one little thing, and it cost the taxpayers nothing, just leave me the heck alone. I pay my taxes, and have even had the pleasure of going through an IRS audit once.

Look at the fine print. Some of them are mandatory and some aren't but they try to make them all look mandatory. I haven't looked in a while but I believe all you have to do to comply with a mandatory response is sign it and send it back.

That's what I did CP. I just added the other stuff so they'd know how I feel. I would think that you'd better not fudge or lie on the numbers. Because I would assume that the USDA has privy information from the IRS. Since the muslim terrorists attacks on 9/11/01, all the government agencies are working together to ensure our safety and freedom as Americans citizens.

Latest posts