Agribition Supreme Bull Dead

Help Support CattleToday:

What was the reported cause of death? Grant is a good guy.

I don't know what happened but someone told me that it happens commenly to cattle that are on the show road lots - whether it be because their livers/kidneys shut down or for other reasons.

urbancowboy":1qvqxvye said:
I don't know what happened but someone told me that it happens commenly to cattle that are on the show road lots - whether it be because their livers/kidneys shut down or for other reasons.
Gee , you think people would quit showing those hundred thousand dollar ones if it was that risky. Grant is honest . If they were suggesting that he was using an illegal substance and they couldn't handle it , don't believe it.

no but sometimes cattles insides can get "cooked" from the feed. Grant is an expert on showing cattle - I was just interested to hear if anyone else had heard anything on it. He's a master marketer and makes money off the good ones and this bull (I think his name is Rambo) certainly would have done his organization good.

urbancowboy":13whxgyx said:
no but sometimes cattles insides can get "cooked" from the feed. Grant is an expert on showing cattle - I was just interested to hear if anyone else had heard anything on it. He's a master marketer and makes money off the good ones and this bull (I think his name is Rambo) certainly would have done his organization good.
I don't mean to be disrespectful but Grant is not an expert on showing cattle and "insides" aren't the thing that cooks it is feet and joints. His cattle have always been sound and good footed (like most canadian cattle) as far as I have knowledge of. He is a good marketer. Shouldn't we all be?

urbancowboy":2icu0rul said:

Haven't heard this story, but here is the info listed on their web page about the bull Rambo, so if he is dead there are lots of unhappy folks, and one very unhappy insurance company:

$270,000 Bull
Purchased at our 2005 Annual Sale.
New Owners:
Four L Herefords, Atwood, Tennessee
Dean Thompson, Nashville, Tennessee
Perks Ranch, Rockford, Illinois
Spencer Herefords, Brewster, Nebraska
C&M Herefords, Nara Visa, New Mexico

Adams Hirsche Herefords, High River, Alberta & Nowata, Oklahoma
[Retained 1/2 interest]

Did a little checking and still don't have all the news. The name of the supreme champion bull is not Rambo but is a bull owned by Grant. Here is the agribition press release.

For Immediate Release: Saturday, November 26, 2005

HORNED HEREFORD BULL and BLACK ANGUS FEMALE WIN AGRIBITION'S RBC BEEF SUPREME CHALLENGE

A Horned Hereford Bull and a Black Angus Female have won the RBC Royal Bank Beef Supreme Challenge at the 2005 Canadian Western Agribition.

The Horned Hereford Bull, BCD 140L DOM LAD 326N, is owned by Adams Hirsche Herefords & Angus of High River, AB, co-owned with Brad Dallas and Peter Herefords.The RBC Supreme Champion Bull qualified for the RBC Beef Supreme Challenge as Supreme Champion over all breeds at the 2005 Calgary Stampede.

Grant did lose a yearling bull called Stoutline that had some American partners.
Rambo is a calf.

I don't know if Grant lost more than one bull or if the stoutline bull is what you have heard about. Stoutline died from a viral infection along with a couple others that were infected (seemingly or possibly ) at the Agribition from different breeders . Could just be a coincidence they were all there ...anyway.....

I really don't agree.
someone told me that it happens commenly to cattle that are on the show road lots - whether it be because their livers/kidneys shut down or for other reasons.

Yes, cattle that are shown die, but so do cattle that are kept in a field. There are some breeders that "push the envelope" just to win and risk the health of their cattle, but that is not real common. Generally, you are looking at cattle that have the absolutely best health & nutritional program.

Latest posts