Agribition Photos & Results

Help Support CattleToday:

They remind me of the type of cattle that are more like toy cattle. My example is, like miniature Herefords or miniature horses, just a hobby and I call them toy cattle.

I think that they are a decent beef breed, but yes, you are right I think. The spots make them hard to sell if you are in the commercial business. At least spots work that way here. Could be the nices beefiest animal and if it has spots, stripes, or what not the buyers will dock them. They seem to think that anything spotted is longhorn....

I did not show any cattle at CWA. I just thought people would be interested to see the results from the show.

I am not a Speckle Park "guy" but I think they have some qualities that desired today. Apparently two bull calves and a bunch of embryos are being exported to Australia.

redcows":270admnp said:
I did not show any cattle at CWA. I just thought people would be interested to see the results from the show.

I am not a Speckle Park "guy" but I think they have some qualities that desired today. Apparently two bull calves and a bunch of embryos are being exported to Australia.
Very fastinating that there are embryos and two bulls heading to Australia. Maybe the breeder that is getting the eggs will implant them, keep all the embryos and breed them to the two bulls that whom ever is importing. I may be wrong though.

I just stumbled upon this forum by accident and decided it looked quite interesting. I am a Speckle Park breeder along with my father and two brothers. I might as well start answering some questions for those that may be interested. I will begin with the docking at the markets due to color. We have not noticed this ourselves (although were worried about it to begin with). I live in Alberta but our operation is in Eastern Saskatchewan. The toy cattle observation is a little off in the sense that they are not anything like miniature herefords. They are a very good beef animal. The breed excels in the quality of their carcass. Twice in the last five years a Speckle Park animal has won the carcass competition at the Calgary Stampede. In fact this past year saw 3 of the top 4 as Speckle Park animals. This is great for a breed with a small number of animals.
We have always had a commercial herd of Black Angus and feel the Speckle Park's fit in quite well. We now have a herd of close to 30 of them as well as the 100 blacks. They are the style and quality of animal we are looking for. I do not believe that there are any animals currently in the US but we (Speckle Park breeders) would be very interested in placing some there. If anybody has any questions I would be happy to answer them.

They are good looking cattle. I read about them a while back and liked the looks of them. They would get docked here because of the color and just because the buyers can do it and get away with it. But, I like the looks of them. They are colored up like some of our black and white Longhorns.

Latest posts