Aggressive Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't anybody got upset about one hit wonders, to me it's more of a joke or joking.

Don't have a clue on the OP. But since the subject is up, I would suggest giving ample attention to the docility numbers on a Bull's EPDs. I think I should have looked closer at those numbers on the Sire of my latest Bull.
I've nicknamed him Lil' Satan.

fitz

Here's the update on our bull.
After seeing the suggestions we decided to place some bred cows in with the bull to give him some company. We hate to keep any herd animal by itself and always try to keep at least 3 together. This one has been with 1 older bull and one bred cow up until about January, when the bull was turned out with the fall calvers. The bred cow was taken out about 3 weeks ago.
We moved the cattle from the adjoining field to stop that issue too.
Friday evening my uncle was feeding hay and the bull wanted to take a ride on the tractor with him...instead he got a one way trip to the pepperoni factory the next morning.
Thanks for all the suggestions. Hope to be around here more and not become a one hit wonder.

VikingMT":1mwugjc7 said:
After seeing the suggestions we decided to place some bred cows in with the bull to give him some company. We hate to keep any herd animal by itself and always try to keep at least 3 together. This one has been with 1 older bull and one bred cow up until about January, when the bull was turned out with the fall calvers. The bred cow was taken out about 3 weeks ago.
Friday evening my uncle was feeding hay and the bull wanted to take a ride on the tractor with him...instead he got a one way trip to the pepperoni factory the next morning.
Thanks for all the suggestions. Hope to be around here more and not become a one hit wonder.

Glad you came back and I hope you'll become a regular. Sorry to hear about the bull but you made the right call in the end.

Thanks for the update Viking. Sounds like you gave him every chance to settle down and he blew it. I also think with that kind of show, you no doubt made a good choice! Glad no one got hurt.

VikingMT":2jhi0z0g said:

AMEN, Get that SOB to the nearest kill floor ASAP! :clap: B&G

Latest posts