Aggressive Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Wolves are a problem here. They are definitely protected. We have a don't ask don't tell policy on how to deal with them.
There is a pack that killed a lot of cattle in 2021. The game dept took out 2. The alpha male and a yearling. They wouldn't shoot the alpha female. She had a tracking collar. This fall during deer season someone shot that female. There is a $15,000 reward for information on whoever shot her. Nobody has said a word. I hope whoever did shoot the wolf keeps their mouth shut.

Last edited:
IF a cow calves in the open it can be a problem but most will calve in the brush and I don't see them near as bad there.
Yeah in the summer when the trees and bushes are leaved out I'm always glad to see a cow get back in them to calve, and hope that buzzards don't find them. In the winter it's pretty much wide open here and no place to hide.

Yeah in the summer when the trees and bushes are leaved out I'm always glad to see a cow get back in them to calve, and hope that buzzards don't find them. In the winter it's pretty much wide open here and no place to hide.
Don't the buzzards migrate south in the winter? Our turkey vultures do.

Maybe Texas is south because they're all over here. Watch them circle yesterday
Yep, we see them making there rounds here in KY pretty much every day here too. Any time you look up you're subject to see some. They are like the coyotes they are extremely successful species and of course being a protected species helps them too.

Is there a reason to kill ravens or scare them off?
Crows are actually worse for picking at a weak calf, whether it be chilled at birth or a flat calf with scours. Have had a calf lose an eye to crows. We eventually ate her.

The man that bought my East Texas property has intentions of high fencing it and stocking axis and other exotic game there. "Good luck with that bud..." Bounded on 2 sides by 160,000 ac of Nat Forest and one side by a river that frequently floods. Net fence gonna catch lots of flotsam.........

Latest posts