Help Support CattleToday:

baleflipper":7oaznh37 said:
At 50 they made me turn in my cape an leotards with the big S on the chest.
Now at 62 I just point an others make the great leaps.
worst Bday was 40,Got a fire extinguisher to put out the candles on the cake. Fire extinguisher saved my combine a week later,no bday has bothered me since.

Amen on 50 bet I hadn't seen a doctor three times in my life, been wearing out tires every since.

old is a state of mind...
wrinkles are just from squinting in the sun...
grey hair just means it's time to touch up the color...
sore muscles just mean I didn't work smart enough...
sore joints means my RA is acting up & I shouldn't have done that...
birthdays are just another day in the life....

okay...maybe somedays, I think I might be getting a little older...but then I realize I can still do twice as much as most women half my age (and a few men too), and my hubby loves me enough to still tell me I'm beautiful...what more can I ask for in life? :D

hooknline":3g9ftaak said:
When I was a kid, I broke every bone in my left foot and most of them just fused together. About the time I turned 30, that foot started to bother me more and more. Now it hurts everyday. I noticed I was slowing down last year at 36. I hurts too much to push my body the way I did when I was in my 20s. Those years at 10-35 where I never stopped are catching up with me early

When I was in my 30's i accidentally dropped a small gas tank on my foot, for many years it hurt like crazy, but now it doesn't anymore. When I was sick here in June i was on antibiotics for 2 weeks all my lil ailments disappeared, and even now, I haven't had a headache since then, or some of my other aches and pains-hope they stay away for good.

Hmm, interesting. I've tried glucosomine, and take vitamins. I'd like to get my foot xrayed again since I don't think I ever got to see the original. I wonder how messed up it looks, but it some ways don't want to know. Where most peoples feet curve inward on the instep, this darn foot curves out about the same distance as it should in. Not swelling, bone. Although it stays swollen most days now

And fwiw, I had one of those stand up pianos tip over on me..big toe was pinned against my shin! Nurss and docs got a good laugh out of that one.."A piano fell on me"

just turned 59 I can relate to the ups post I retired from the us postal service about 2 years ago. it took its toll on me. knees, back and shoulder. it also drove me nuts. swimming at the YMCA really helps. I still think young but feel old some days.losing my hair was the most traumatic thing.about aging

mca

Readling these post to me, most of you are just young ones. When I got the idea that I was old about 66. Realized I did not have enough time to make plans or make them happen. Have been real healty, but have had a broken bone or so . Will be going to the knive next month to have a few useless prart taken out and looked at is the first of anything like this. This is the first summer the heat makes me want to sleep more than swim. I work some evryday and even work out some. I suppost there is worse things than geeting old but haven't done it yet.

I'll be 34 next month. I've already had my share of surgeries and broken bones. Reconstructive nose surgery from a run in with brass knuckles, I have a metal plate and five screws in my hand from someones forehead, my hand was mashed between the butt of a rifle and a rock and broke my pinky finger in eight places, cut the end of my index finger off when a gate mashed it. Broke some ribs playing football, two years ago I had reconstructive surgery on my shoulder from a cattle working incident that left me with a broken shoulder and torn ligaments. I've spent 2 stints in the hospital a few days from different sicknesses, I have asthma, a bad back, and I will outlive all of you! :lol: the way I see it is most people start getting sick/hurt as they get older, I got all mine out of the way early and it's clear sailing from here till I turn 110. :nod:

Isomade I really hate to burst your bubble,but when you get older all those bruises,broken bones and injuries will come back and haunt you. At least mine have.
If I had known I'd have lived this long I might have taken better care of myself. :lol: :lol:

Cal

Calman":29agmm0m said:
Isomade I really hate to burst your bubble,but when you get older all those bruises,broken bones and injuries will come back and haunt you. At least mine have.
If I had known I'd have lived this long I might have taken better care of myself. :lol: :lol:

Cal
Nope! It's all of those antics that got you those discomforts that turned you into what you are today. Least ways it did for me. Made me a cranky, cantankerous, old curmudgeon. That had a blast in the past getting to this point

Isomade":2v89248g said:
I'll be 34 next month. I've already had my share of surgeries and broken bones. Reconstructive nose surgery from a run in with brass knuckles, I have a metal plate and five screws in my hand from someones forehead, my hand was mashed between the butt of a rifle and a rock and broke my pinky finger in eight places, cut the end of my index finger off when a gate mashed it. Broke some ribs playing football, two years ago I had reconstructive surgery on my shoulder from a cattle working incident that left me with a broken shoulder and torn ligaments. I've spent 2 stints in the hospital a few days from different sicknesses, I have asthma, a bad back, and I will outlive all of you! :lol: the way I see it is most people start getting sick/hurt as they get older, I got all mine out of the way early and it's clear sailing from here till I turn 110. :nod:

When you get done with those "Rose Colored Glasses" I'd like to borrow them. ;-) :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Isomade":ips7gdqu said:
Dam Isom...makes me glad I wasn't your runnin' buddy back then. I wouldn't have made it to 30. :lol:

3waycross":2z6va9yi said:
Isomade":2z6va9yi said:

When you get done with those "Rose Colored Glasses" I'd like to borrow them. ;-) :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
I'll see if I can find you an extra pair, there puppies are sweet! 8) 8) 8)

TexasBred":2jl9z2j8 said:
Isomade":2jl9z2j8 said:
Dam Isom...makes me glad I wasn't your runnin' buddy back then. I wouldn't have made it to 30. :lol:
Well I almost didn't, but I have calmed down to next to nothing since the kiddos have been born. I'm retired from all things that make my blood boil :nod: . Now I'm like a sweet little puppy :D

Isomade":1esr6xcz said:
TexasBred":1esr6xcz said:
Isomade":1esr6xcz said:
Well I almost didn't, but I have calmed down to next to nothing since the kiddos have been born. I'm retired from all things that make my blood boil :nod: . Now I'm like a sweet little puppy :D

Back in the day it took me quite a while to figure out when I was the winner the knots and bumps still hurt. That is why I quit drinking other than an occasional social drink, stuff used to make me ten feet tall and bullet proof I thought. That was another failing grade on the IQ exam.

Took me a while but I found out later in life that I was just too light for heavy work.
Sure saved in cuts bruises and busted lips. I can remember a Christmas dinner with the family and due to my jaws wired shut I ate mine through a straw.

Cal

Calman":2xt0hp52 said:
Took me a while but I found out later in life that I was just too light for heavy work.Sure saved in cuts bruises and busted lips. I can remember a Christmas dinner with the family and due to my jaws wired shut I ate mine through a straw.

Cal

Great quote Cal. I might steal it for my next sig line. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts