Age?

Help Support CattleToday:

No need to be sorry and you aren't the first who thought that I was a guy. How could you know?
Seriously, i don't know of any woman that's done so much with their life than you. Your travels, events and duties were so extensive....it just resonated as a man. Should have married me a cattle gal.

Seriously, i don't know of any woman that's done so much with their life than you. Your travels, events and duties were so extensive....it just resonated as a man. Should have married me a cattle gal.
Thank you.
We moved, we darn sure didn't travel. 🤣 We were working too much. Our daughter asks us now why we didn't do more when she was home. I told her "we were always busy working." Looking back, I wish we had done more travelling when we were young and able. She did youth rodeo and High School and College rodeo. Had good horses that she loved and she helped with all the cow work. She wasn't hurt much. 🤣 She still goes to brandings and really enjoys roping and dragging calves to the fire. She's good ground help too, and was raised to know that is part of branding and working cattle. Her dad says he'd just as soon have her help him as anyone. She didn't marry a rancher, but that was her decision. I think she regrets that.

WAIT HOLD UP A MINUTE DAVE from Oregon always talks so serious... ( my mouth dropped eyes got BIG!! BIG EYES POPPING put my head.... wait did I read that correctly?!)
Guess that explains why you don't get excited... *smiles.
Wild and crazy doesn't even begin to describe those times. We pulled into town. We were the bad boys, wild and crazy, I never did understand it but the local girls sure likes us. I can't begin to make those stories PG or even R rated. The local guys didn't want us stealing their women or prove how tough they were. That resulted in more than a few brawls. Guys who get bucked off, kicked, run over, hooked, slammed around in the chutes etc etc. What are you going to do punch me.... ha. We didn't drink before riding but the rodeo got over at 4:00. It is 5:00 somewhere. And then the one that kills more cowboys than anything. The next rodeo starts in 3 hours but it is a 4 hour drive away. We can make it no problem. To quote Chris LeDoux if I had it to do over again I wouldn't have drove so slow.

64. Don't remember a time before I was around cattle... small family farm with about 35 head of Herefords(with some Guernsey/Jersey influence from the grandparents' small dairy operation)... then moved on to Angus bulls to produce black baldies... then I convinced Dad & uncle to put a halfblood Simbrah over those old crossbred cows... best cows & calves they ever raised.
Wife & I started out with Holstein bottle calves... like KT, I never want another b&w! But...
we made enough money off the HOs to buy a few rag-tag beef cows and start breeding them Simmental, back around 1987.
Parked a few halfblood Simmies at Dad's while I was in grad school, then started over with them here in KY... got up to 80 head of good mama cows - mostly Simmental/Angus crosses, but used some Shorthorn and Braunvieh sires along the way, before we dispersed the herd in Fall 2019. Thought I'd miss 'em, having only had one year that I could remember in my entire life without cattle... but I almost never think of them, and sure as heck don't miss slogging through the cold rain and mud to feed for 5 months of winter up here in the frigid northland of KY., or having to trouble-shoot fencing.

Old enough to know how, young enough to do.

Family has been farmers since we left France 500 years ago. So it comes naturally. It's all I do, and have done to make money. Always raised grain plus had crossbred cattle, since may family landed in the clay plagued prairies of Southern Illinois in the 1800's.

We farmed more when I was little. Then the out of county farmers came in with larger investors, and started push the locals out with high cash rents, and inflated land prices. CRP killed a lot of it also. Only a husk remained, and since my Grandpa was getting older, and my Dad was teaching, they didn't put up much of a fight. Still haven't regained a fraction of what once was.
Always hated school, and a real job. Went to school to learn to be a draftsmen, got tired of that. Worked in a hog barn, taking care of blood thirsty gilts, for 6 years. Then when my Grandpa retired, I took it as my chance to take over management. The coup failed, and now I'm a 1/3 manager who fights with the other 2/3's.
Haven't been on any adventures, or had real interesting experiences through the first part of life. I spend my days now as an internet cowboy, bull coinsure, sarcastic lunatic, and relatively boring man with mountains of debt.

And I Thank God for all of it.

Family has been farmers since we left France 500 years ago. So it comes naturally. It's all I do, and have done to make money. Always raised grain plus had crossbred cattle, since may family landed in the clay plagued prairies of Southern Illinois in the 1800's.

My family followed a similar route at about the same time I think. Graveyard in a place called Fairfield in Wayne County bears the family name apparently.

I think it was his grandpa, he was well into his 60's for sure back in 1992. Sam Pozzobon's sister was quite a lady too, she was the grandma of some classmates of mine in high school
I ran dozers with Mark Pozzobon, back late eighties early nineties, he was a very colourful character for sure. Probably a brother to Sam.

Did you know Sam Pozzobon? he was a bronc/bull rider, very well known family in this area.. we got our first bull from him (Red angus)... That guy would make a sailor blush, and boy did he have stories
when he delivered our bull, he unloads him and says to my dad "Here's your F*(in' bull"... My dad just says to him.. "He better be"
I knew some guy from your part of the world but that was nearly 50 years ago. I don't remember very many names. I wish we would have taken some group pictures and wrote the names on them. The only Canadian whose name I remember is Wilf Hyland. Easy one to remember because his big brother Mel won the world riding saddle bronc.

I knew some guy from your part of the world but that was nearly 50 years ago. I don't remember very many names. I wish we would have taken some group pictures and wrote the names on them. The only Canadian whose name I remember is Wilf Hyland. Easy one to remember because his big brother Mel won the world riding saddle bronc.
Seems to me Mel was part of a saddle bronc clinic my son took a few years ago.

Latest posts