Ag in Panama City, FL?

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
Are there any cattle ranches, or ag in general in Panama City? Ag could include forestry, greenhouse, horticulture, aquaculture? It is a question for a student of mine...
Thanks

Deepsouth":25zcq92r said:
When you say "in Panama City" I take it you mean in that area of Florida or at least in the county.

I have a student in my online class that lives in Panama City, FL. We are looking for agriculture in that area that she can go visit for a "field trip" for an assignment they have. This student is telling me there is no agriculture with in 60 miles of that location, so I am trying to help out finding places this student can go see. My local students go to the Lawn and Garden show in Springfield, MO or the Urban Ag Fest in the same location to complete the assignment, and that is not an option for my FL student.
For this assignment they need to find three areas of "new technology" to them in the field of agriculture and write a summary of the advantages and disadvantages of each item, and then select their favorite and complete a power point, and present it to the class online. It can be any item that relates to agriculture. I even allow them to visit a farm store if there is no location near them that they can experience, like a farm. So I am looking for a direction I can send her to help her out. My typical students in this class have no ag background, so some need a TON of help!
Thanks

If you notice the county is rural except for Panama city area. Biggest ag closest to pc is forestry and thousands of hobby horse farms. A few good size horse farms. All the counties surrounding bay county inland are big row crop farming and alot cattle farms. I live in Jackson. I'm 1 hr north of pc. About 60 miles.

Thanks so much M-5! I sent her that information. The funny thing is, in the chapter we are covering right now, they are learning about the Morrill act that funded the first land grant colleges that led the way for the extension offices we now use!!! So, of course, I made sure she knew that!

Thanks again

Your Welcome, FSR . I do not know any of them at that office but they should be very helpful. If she will do her due diligence she is gonna be surprised at how much ag is in her backyard she knew nothing about.

Latest posts