After market gathering wheel kits?

Help Support CattleToday:

hayray

Reaction score
Any companies make gathering wheel kits for equipment that did not come factory available with wheels? My BR 730 needs some and I till ya, based on the baler construction it will take a lot of fabricating to add a set on?

I had them on deere 432 and removed them narrowed the windrow a little and the results were better. The Rebel I have now has them on it, I think I will remove them this season and see if it works better.

I've never had them but I have talked to many folks that did. Most of them either removed them because they didn't like them or had them removed by a washout before they could. As was said, you are far better off narrowing up the windrow to match the width of the baler.

My current baler has them, but I've only ran 10-12 thousand bales thru it. I have very few complaints on them.

I have a 638 NH , which is similar to the 730 , I would like to try some gathering wheels , the pickup is the same width as the baler , I rake a narrow windrow , but you have to keep right to the edge of the pickup to fill the bale nice and sometimes you miss a little especially on sidehills , I thought gathering wheels would help . NH does not make them for this baler but they do for the bigger ones.

hayray":32lgm8vk said:
Any companies make gathering wheel kits for equipment that did not come factory available with wheels? My BR 730 needs some and I till ya, based on the baler construction it will take a lot of fabricating to add a set on?
Do you have the standard pick up?

I run NH balers and I never have felt a need for pick up wheels but I always get the extra wide pick up on my balers the pick up is as wide as the tires on mine and it has augers that feed the hay to the center

We have a 630 NH and have thought of the same thing. We had a 530 hesston with the gathering wheels on, didn't use it enought to say if it was worth it. I have seen kits online that use finger wheel gatherers mounted on the front of the tractor. I guess we will keep driving forth and back and counting. A custom guy that rolls a lot of hay has them on his JD. They are up in transport and busted.

I found them a while back and called them and they said after review of my baler model that the haysaver wheels would not work on mine.

Latest posts