after 45 years

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN

Reaction score
of marriage we're getting divorced... its sad to, we met during the vietnam war.. yeah i married a foreigner,,said shes miss's her home, and i can keep everthing... shes headed back to Canada tomorrow

ALACOWMAN.....
you have my sympathies.....
my first wife walked out on me after 14 years....
it was the most difficult time of my life....
not saying she was totally wrong....
but it sure turned my life upside down....

ALACOWMAN":2ifa1cpf said:
of marriage we're getting divorced... its sad to, we met during the vietnam war.. yeah i married a foreigner,,said shes miss's her home, and i can keep everthing... shes headed back to Canada tomorrow
come on folks :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":17blbrhw said:
ALACOWMAN":17blbrhw said:

I was suspicious of this statement for several reasons. Not that I found it out of charactor for you to have met someone in Canada during the Vietnam war. But I didn't think you were old enough to have been married for 45 years (but I hear they do marry very young in Ala. but I thought that was just the girls). I also found it very troubling that a woman would leave a marriage and leave everything behind. That has definately not been my experience.

ALACOWMAN":855pzl8u said:
ALACOWMAN":855pzl8u said:

Are you saying you were a draft dodger that went to Canada and got married ? :cowboy: :banana: :banana:

Hey, I went to Canada plenty of times while Vietnam was going on and I wasn't a draft dodger. I was riding in rodeos and they have some pretty juicy broncs up there. They also had some mighty friendly women who were not hard on the eyes too. I just never stayed in town long enough for that nasty M word to come up.

if it was a fabrication..... then the point and the joke have eluded me....drudged up bad memories....and exposed me as a sympathetic old fool....

Probably bad of me to think this way, but when I read you got to keep everything I was thinking you lucky dog you. I didn't get much more than my clothes in either of mine.

pdfangus said:
if it was a fabrication..... then the point and the joke have eluded me....drudged up bad memories....and exposed me as a sympathetic old fool....[/quote] dont let inbred hear you admit that :p it was funny when i heard it anyway, guess i tore it all to he!!
:cowboy:

Dave":2v3m5lbm said:
ALACOWMAN":2v3m5lbm said:
ALACOWMAN":2v3m5lbm said:

I was suspicious of this statement for several reasons. Not that I found it out of charactor for you to have met someone in Canada during the Vietnam war. But I didn't think you were old enough to have been married for 45 years (but I hear they do marry very young in Ala. but I thought that was just the girls). I also found it very troubling that a woman would leave a marriage and leave everything behind. That has definately not been my experience.
my first wife was only 18 when we married

ALACOWMAN":lyn5tt6o said:
pdfangus":lyn5tt6o said:
if it was a fabrication..... then the point and the joke have eluded me....drudged up bad memories....and exposed me as a sympathetic old fool....[/quote] dont let inbred hear you admit that :p it was funny when i heard it anyway, guess i tore it all to he!!

All I would have added was that you must have been a he11 of a guy since it took you 45 years to mess up enough for her to leave.

I thought it was funny.

I knew it had to be a joke since you got to keep everything.

I didn't get to keep everything, but i did get to keep the car payment, the credit card bills, and i did get to keep paying for the child's needs. (I didn't mind that part, but i never realized how much money a baby needed a month until the judge told me)

in truth i did loose about everything, in my divorce.... but i think the judge must of thought we'd get back together,,,, cause she gave me the cows, and her the land. .. i didnt want to sell the cows, and she wasnt going to sell the land....

I was suspicious of this statement for several reasons. Not that I found it out of charactor for you to have met someone in Canada during the Vietnam war. But I didn't think you were old enough to have been married for 45 years (but I hear they do marry very young in Ala. but I thought that was just the girls). I also found it very troubling that a woman would leave a marriage and leave everything behind. That has definately not been my experience.[/quote] my first wife was only 18 when we married
:cowboy:[/quote]
Look he did a good thing, stepped up and married a "ol maid". Least by Al standards, she was five years past time.