African Animals to USA?

Help Support CattleToday:

Ummmmm...well,,,I aint no expert,,,but they are talking about animals that eat other animals AND humans.....can't be a good outcome.

But was wondering if they have anything that would target coyotes only? ;-) :cboy:

medic24,

Good thought. Don't think they have anything like that.LOL

Ted Turner just wants headines to compete with recent forays of ex wife Janieeeeeeee....perhaps. :roll:

You would think that the lesson learned with the African bees would enough....let nature decide what animals are suited for a specific location....called evolution and natural selection. Cows are bad enough in a wheat field..what would elephants do.
DMc

With all of the mountain lions we've got running around why on earth would we want to import more big cats? :shock:

Thats just stupid, Im sorry but that really pisses me off. All it is is a bunch of dumb @$$ scientists who want to see some African Animals running around. Dont they know that these animals carry disease, if not all the times to humans but to other animals. I know that in Africa you cant run your cattle where Wildabeast have drank water becasue your cattle will catch a disease form them. And they want lions, come on how stupid. Dont they know that they will EAT People and eat Peoples livestock. They dont hunt like a solitary Mountain Lion, they hunt in Prides of up to 15 lionesses. Africa is known as the Dark Continent, GOd made it that way. Africa is capable of handling its own diseased animals, I could care less on how long elephants and tortoises are aound. Im sorry but with stuff like this no wonder America is going to hell.

Susie David":2ot8hpjp said:
let nature decide what animals are suited for a specific location....called evolution and natural selection. DMc
First of all, I agree with you. But, does this mean that we should ship all of our European cattle "home", all blue heelers back to Australia, Setters to Ireland, etc.? Don't take that wrong, I don't think that bringing wild African animals here and turning them loose is a good idea at all. Though I believe in creation rather than evolution theory, I do believe in evolution within species and natural selection, and that animals thrive/survive in certain locales for good reasons - which many times we don't understand. But we should be careful with sweeping all inclusive statments, when in fact, our livelihood/passion/hobby is fueled by something that contradicts what we say. Unless you exclusively raise Buffalo, Longhorns or Crackers?

docgraybull":z4its3p2 said:
Susie David":z4its3p2 said:
let nature decide what animals are suited for a specific location....called evolution and natural selection. DMc
First of all, I agree with you. But, does this mean that we should ship all of our European cattle "home", all blue heelers back to Australia, Setters to Ireland, etc.? Don't take that wrong, I don't think that bringing wild African animals here and turning them loose is a good idea at all. Though I believe in creation rather than evolution theory, I do believe in evolution within species and natural selection, and that animals thrive/survive in certain locales for good reasons - which many times we don't understand. But we should be careful with sweeping all inclusive statments, when in fact, our livelihood/passion/hobby is fueled by something that contradicts what we say. Unless you exclusively raise Buffalo, Longhorns or Crackers?

pets and production animals are completely different than wild animals being introduced interupting an ecosystem.

Susie David":2wyzih3f said:
You would think that the lesson learned with the African bees would enough....let nature decide what animals are suited for a specific location....called evolution and natural selection. Cows are bad enough in a wheat field..what would elephants do.
DMc

Hmmmm! Think of all the elphant poop we would have for fertilizer!! :D :cboy:

I would think they would keep them in a reserve, in an inclosed area just to bring back the population. Seeing the high amount of poachers in Africa, this could be a good idea.

But I do beleive they should be in a reserved area.
Making sure they live away from humans and cattle.

Not sure how this will overall affect the US, but could be a good idea if the conditions are right.

Sorry Doc, I'll make a note to be more specific when posting...
didn't mean to generalize the breed improvements and beneficial flora and fauna that has been imported....did wonder about the Kudzu when I lived in the south many years ago...a good idea gone amuk? Dave Mc

"Tiger kills 17 year old.

MOUND VALLEY, Kansas (Aug. 19) - A Siberian tiger attacked and killed a teenage girl who was posing for a picture at an animal sanctuary Thursday morning, authorities said.

The Labette County Sheriff's office identified the victim as Haley R. Hilderbrand, 17, of Altamont. A release said Hilderbrand was at the Lost Creek Animal Sanctuary posing for a photo with the 7-year-old tiger, which was being restrained by its handler, when the animal turned and attacked her.

Officers and handlers killed the animal.

Emergency personnel were not able to revive Hilderbrand, who was later pronounced dead at the scene. Investigators have sent the tiger's body to Kansas State University for dissection.

"This animal had been around people across the country and there's never been a problem," Sheriff William Blundell said in a telephone interview..............................."

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article ... 0000000001

Just wondering, is wild game ranches big in the rest of the US like they are in Texas? We've got ranches (high fenced of course) all over the area that have many African species and others (not predators) some are very large. A few years back a man in this area was killed by scimitar horned oryx.

Latest posts