AED/Defibrillator

Help Support CattleToday:

The price of these keep coming down. Does anybody keep one of these handy? Around $600 will buy one as not long ago they were $1200.

You buy one we can try it out on you see if your alive and it's works. 🤡😆
They won't shock if your alive.
Can you use them on an animal?
I need re take CPR or watch some YouTube videos. I remember the basics but always forget how many breaths versions chest pumps. At some point they changed it.
Yes I believe an AED could be handy.

Would you carry narcan? Its used to treat narcotic overdose. I've also heard they use it for strokes. Not sure of there is anything proof it works for strokes.

Can you self administer the defibrillator? If not I will be up **** creek.
Maybe the dogs can hook me up.
Ken
To need one of those you are already in cardiac arrest (heart electrical problem). Within ten minutes of cardiac arrest one of those can be effect to restore heart rhythm, but time is ticking. On a resent job, I had a TOT (trainer of trainer) certification in CPR, 1st aid and AED training and for three weeks that old dummy, was beat to death. Very good training and ever since I wanted an AED as I have a nice 1st aid kit I put together. I can't remember how long the date on the AED batteries are good as I think 4 years. The battery cost about half of full price of machine to replace. If your heart has stopped and AED more than likely not restart. CPR is the best procedure to try and restart a heart.

CPR steps:
  1. Position your hand (above). Make sure the patient is lying on his back on a firm surface. ...
  2. Interlock fingers..
  3. Give chest compressions
  4. Open the airway
  5. Give rescue breaths
  6. Watch chest fall. ..
  7. Repeat chest compressions and rescue breaths.
I have seen some say if not comfortable do not give rescue breaths.

Last edited: