Advice on BA lines

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Time to start looking for a Black Angus clean up bull. I know very little about the lines as far as aggression goes. Can anyone tell me some lines to stay away from, or good docile lines to go with. I don't move as fast as I use to, so I don't want to mess with a sure thing bad attitude in a bull.

I don't think I can (want to) get close enough to rub lavender on his nose. :D

Thanks,
Alan

I have a Midland sone that is really calm. Also had an 036 son that was good to be around. The worse calve I ever had was out of Easy Fortune. Wild as a march hare. Future Direction sons that I looked at at sales all were calm. EXT sons can be flighty. Hope this helps.

why not use a hereford?

Trust me you'll know whether it's an AI calf or not. Only the real end of breeding season calves might be confusing, but more often than not she'll either calve close to the AI date or close to the cleanup bull date. I've had only one calf the last three seasons that I really wasn't sure who the sire was, he was a cull anyway.

I would hate to have a good registered cow calf from anything but a good registered hereford bull. It also give you the opportunity to compare your AI sire to a more moderately priced clean-up bull. Sell him shortly after the his second breeding season and retain one of your M326 sired bullcalves for the next season.

if you're AI-ing commercial cows, then its a different matter alltogether.

Try Sitz Alliance 6595 sons, very good dispositions. For Heifers I would use 6I6 or SAF Connection.

I hope this helps

Latest posts