Advice Internet

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Where I live we no longer have usable land lines for internet, ATT is not going to replace them.
People around use Verizon as I do.
Problem is 4G speed is rare most of the time speed is 3G going to 1X whatever that is.
Internet at 1X speed is a no go at all.
Do they make a signal booster that actually works?

Caustic Burno":1wttv7zd said:
Where I live we no longer have usable land lines for internet, ATT is not going to replace them.
People around use Verizon as I do.
Problem is 4G speed is rare most of the time speed is 3G going to 1X whatever that is.
Internet at 1X speed is a no go at all.
Do they make a signal booster that actually works?
I tried the Verizon antenna one. Did not help.

Have they made the ATT fixed wireless available there yet? I got notification about 3 months ago that it is now available here in the outskirt of Nacogdoches.....It is a dish type receiver that gets its signal from a cell tower and supposed to be faster than our current dsl line. I haven't switched because the dsl is currently working again.

hdrockn":1wxdzgnf said:
Have they made the ATT fixed wireless available there yet? I got notification about 3 months ago that it is now available here in the outskirt of Nacogdoches.....It is a dish type receiver that gets its signal from a cell tower and supposed to be faster than our current dsl line. I haven't switched because the dsl is currently working again.

I wish. It's pathetic on our hard lines they are run in the ditch. The maintainer pulls them up and breaks the cable. ATT has several patches here just hanging on yaupon bushes beside the county road.
That sounds like a solution if they ever get to us. They are running DSL cable along the highways but that is a couple miles from me.

We live out a little way in a metal building. No signal gets through it.
We bought a Wilson cellphone booster, ran the cable and put it up on a pole.

We get reception good enough to stream movies and my son is a gamer and has no problems.

tater74":28wcwofo said:

We get reception good enough to stream movies and my son is a gamer and has no problems.

Thanks
I live in an all metal house as well.

tater74":1paum025 said:

It's what I am using as well. I cannot stream movies, but I do watch lots of YouTube videos with no problem. Wilson Signal Boost. Model 271265. Bought it at BestBuy a few years ago. They probably have newer/better models by now. 4g was not around at that time.
Antenna is mounted outside on the back of the house near 2nd story window. Coax comes in and ties to a booster and transmitter. The inside transmitter needs to be @ least 15' away from the antenna. Everything you need is included in the box except mounting pole...mine is just a 1 1/2" mast pipe. I hooked it up myself so it can't be too hard.
(they ain't cheap tho..I think it was over $300 then)

So yes signal boosters work. We have to have them at work on the portable offices and in our vehicles. They are the difference between making a call or not a lot of the time. If you drop a lot of calls in your area they will usually fix that.

On the boosters you get what you pay for. They usually have a certain range from the transmitter. You are paying for the ability to be further from that. A cheap one may have a 20' diameter and an expensive one may have 80'.

The key is to make sure the booster matches what ever signal you are getting. If its 4G make sure its a 4G booster. We run all Wilson products. Expect to pay around a grand for a good one.