Adams Ranch

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the Composite Breed is crossed up with on the Adams Ranch. I know theyre first breeders of Braford, but what is theyre composite?

CopeMan":3tou47fo said:
Does anyone know what the Composite Breed is crossed up with on the Adams Ranch. I know theyre first breeders of Braford, but what is theyre composite?

Bulls are bred to fit a need; selection program is to suit a hot, humid climate; genetics to grade and yield, and meet market specifications.

BRAFORDS - Brafords were bred to fit a hot, humid climate. Superb cows, steers with quality.

ARRAB - Red Angus Composite - Recommended on crossbred cows to give carcass quality. ARGEL - Gelbvieh Composite - Fast Growing, heavy muscle bulls to add hind quarters and larger rib eye.

ABEEF - A balanced 4-breed (Red Angus, Gelbvieh, Hereford, Brahman) cross to produce growth, large rib eye, hind quarter, and strong maternal traits. These cattle exhibit maximum hybrid vigor and can be used long-term straight breeding or as terminal sire.

http://www.adamsranch.com/pages.cfm?ID=10&CFID=2903690&CFTOKEN=50495168

Adam's is a great outfit. I buy all of my replacements from them. Lately I've seen them diversifying into tomatoes with a couple hundred acres at the Fort Pierce ranch, and they've always been moderately involved in the citrus industry. Highly respected in our area. Agricultural leaders in it for the long run.

Latest posts