Ad without the price

Help Support CattleToday:

O.k., you have two different situations here. One is a small ticket deal that required a lot of visible labor on your part and was unappreciated by the fact that your "long lost" friend wanted to haggle over the price. While it was still a business deal, I think that because there was a perceived relationship, and a lot of physical labor involved, there should have been no haggling.

In the other case, a big ticket item, you DID haggle. Even though it was modest. You had them change the vehicle as part of the purchase. It doesn't matter about carpet or color or whatever. You requested a change and they made that change without changing the accepted price - and this is a very good thing!! So, why not take it a bit further? You may have left money on the table. How much? I don't know. But I do know that there are F250's on the dealer lots with $47,000 price tags on them that can be had for thousands less. And those price tags are on every new F250 (just an example), of that same configuration, all over the U.S..So, if you knew that you could have had it for thousands less, why would you pay sticker?????? Makes no sense bhb, IMO. The bottom line I guess, is that if the purchaser is happy when they leave with the product, then it was a good deal, regardless of how much they may have overpaid.

backhoeboogie":2zpdju6u said:
BeefmasterB":2zpdju6u said:
From what I can tell, you DID haggle!

For telling them I'd buy the truck if they took the carpet out? They should never put carpet in a one ton truck in the first place. But some folks like driving around in Easter Eggs so they try to please them I guess.

A long lost "friend" from High School called me wanting patio stone. I culled the best pieces out for her and took the time to load them and segregate them out, hauling them onto a flat. When she came to get them she balked at the price. One of my good customers had asked for them when he came out for loads. I had kept telling him they were for a friend. So with her standing there, I called him on the phone and told him to come on out and I would load him up. This long lost "friend" who hadn't called me in years and years could now go to his stone yard and pay premium prices. I was offering the very best for wholesale price and I had gone out of my way and put in extra effort to segregate it out.

If you try to haggle with me about a fair deal, you may as well crawl back in your vehicle and go some place else.

If the dealer wants to bring in another truck from someplace else that doesn't have carpet, I'll wait a few days.

Hah! Talking about autos......

Look at this imaginary lease:

-----------------------------------------------------------
MSRP = $47K
Payments = 36 @ $599 per mo.
Value after 36 mo. = $29.9K @ 15K miles per year.
------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Not shown to you for simplicity:
$599 @ 36 = $21,564
Add value after 36 mo. of $29.9K = $51,464
Price you just paid over MSRP = $4,464
Deduct cost of money you qualified for out of $4,464 plus floor plan kickback plus markup to determine dealer profit.
D-E-C-A-P-I-T-A-T-I-O-N!

HerefordSire":eddgjzb4 said:

MSRP = $47K

$599 @ 36 = $21,564
Deduct cost of money you qualified for out of $4,464 plus floor plan kickback plus markup to determine dealer profit.
D-E-C-A-P-I-T-A-T-I-O-N!

Leases are awesome but what you need is a good CPA. Here is the way to do it. Go to the dealer and buy it outright. Just write them a check. Then lease it to your corporation. It is 100% cost of doing business for the corporation. On your personal taxes you take a in a tiny profit above cost and you get to depreciate it (and drive it).

backhoeboogie":23elrj4y said:
HerefordSire":23elrj4y said:

MSRP = $47K

$599 @ 36 = $21,564
D-E-C-A-P-I-T-A-T-I-O-N!

Leases are awesome but what you need is a good CPA. Here is the way to do it. Go to the dealer and buy it outright. Just write them a check. Then lease it to your corporation. It is 100% cost of doing business for the corporation. On your personal taxes you take a in a tiny profit above cost and you get to depreciate it (and drive it).

Bought a vehicle for work (own business) and I have the corp. reimburse me for the monthly note, insurance and all maintenance. Purchased the vehicle through the fleetmanager at dealership at $200 over their cost and did it over the phone.

BeefmasterB":201qk8uj said:
Bought a vehicle for work (own business) and I have the corp. reimburse me for the monthly note, insurance and all maintenance. Purchased the vehicle through the fleetmanager at dealership at $200 over their cost and did it over the phone.

I had to hire a CPA to show me the light. He's worth every penny.

backhoeboogie":26ucv1yc said:
BeefmasterB":26ucv1yc said:

I had to hire a CPA to show me the light. He's worth every penny.

Yep, a good CPA is gold!!!

Look at this imaginary lease using a down stroke (look closely):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MSRP = $47K
Payments = 36 @ $599 per mo. with $3.9K down upon inception
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

$599 @ 36 = $21,564
Add down payment of $3.9K = $55,364
Price you just paid over MSRP = $8,364
Deduct cost of money you qualified for out of $8,364 plus floor plan kickback plus markup to determine dealer profit.
D-E-C-A-P-I-T-A-T-I-O-N!