Acorns

Help Support CattleToday:

Now I have never lost one to acorn's and my cows run in the woods as well as the pasture full of oak's. Everyone here has a pasture full of oak's as well. We have every kind of oak in the book as the Thicket is a unique place with six ecological systems collide. My bottom is like walking on marbles every year.
Every cow might be dead tomorrow. I have had them stand under the tree waiting for the squirrels to knock another one out and knocking the deer out of the way to get it.
Apparently something is different from region to the next and I don't have a clue as to what it is.

I have fenced off my biggest patch of woods in an attempt to curtail the loss.

Caustic Burno":gnexzl6l said:
Now I have never lost one to acorn's and my cows run in the woods as well as the pasture full of oak's. Everyone here has a pasture full of oak's as well. We have every kind of oak in the book as the Thicket is a unique place with six ecological systems collide. My bottom is like walking on marbles every year.
Every cow might be dead tomorrow. I have had them stand under the tree waiting for the squirrels to knock another one out and knocking the deer out of the way to get it.
Apparently something is different from region to the next and I don't have a clue as to what it is.
I certainly don't have the answer CB but it is a known fact that acorns can and will kill cattle. Guess you're doing something right. ;-) Hey you might promote your cattle as "acorn resistant". :lol2:

TexasBred":lsss5juc said:
Caustic Burno":lsss5juc said:
I certainly don't have the answer CB but it is a known fact that acorns can and will kill cattle. Guess you're doing something right. ;-) Hey you might promote your cattle as "acorn resistant". :lol2:

Must be the Brimmer ;-)