Accuration?

Help Support CattleToday:

Baylorcattleguy

Reaction score
Anybody here ever used this line of products to grow out reg. bulls and heifers?

I'm in Central Texas and I'm looking at putting together a inhouse feeding program to grow out my calves. Currently, I run everything through a feed test program and I would like something alittle more economical.

thoughts? suggestions?

I use the purina accuration impact grower for my bulls and the impact breeder for my heifers. It works great. it is about $160 a ton. The above is similar to the accuration and Lw but supposedly has a better fat,protein and vitiam pack.
my only complaint is that my bulls toes seem to grow really fast and have to be trimmed on this feed.

We have some bulls that we are testing on the Accuration mix. We have them on an 80/20 mix (80% corn, 20% accuration) and I am pleased with the results so far. I was afraid they were going to put on too much fat, but no problems so far. It isn't cheap, however. On average the bulls (spring calves) are gaining 4 lbs per day at a conversion of roughly 6/1. At a cost of $0.093/lb for the feed (includes delivery), that translates to roughly $0.56 per pound of gain. We are also feeding out some heifers for replacements. They are on 60/40 accuration, which is running around $0.12/lb including delivery. They are gaining at about 2.5-3 lbs/day, which is a little higher rog than I would like to see. They are not getting real fat, but some days they look a little more pudgy than I would like. Both groups are on good mixed grass hay and mineral. Don't know if it would work for you, he!!, I don't even know if it works for me yet, but thems the facts so far.

Lee

The short answer is none. Just trying a little something different this year due to lack of grass, etc. We've always supplemented the replacements at one level or another during the fall/winter. That way I know that they are coming into the breeding season in prime condition. What I like about the theory behind the accuration limiter is the utilization of small snacks throughout the day versus a once or twice a day gorging at the trough. In theory, anyway, this gives better pH balance in the rumen, and better utiliztion of the fed nutrients.

Lee

Latest posts