ABS reps

Help Support CattleToday:

Hereford76

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know any old abs reps that would have been peddling semen back in the 70's and 80's. I am trying to find semen on an older bull we used back then that was a hereford abs bull. I have had no luck with abs directly.

Does anyone have any old abs publications from the 70's or 80's.

If you have an old ABS catalog with King Ten pictured, could you scan the picture and post it?

What is the story on the "wetmore" cattle. Obviously Canadian breeding. Did the name start with a specific program? I notice that bull is an Ulrich bred bull.

WichitaLineMan":34imp809 said:
What is the story on the "wetmore" cattle. Obviously Canadian breeding. Did the name start with a specific program? I notice that bull is an Ulrich bred bull.

there are all kinds of examples like the "wetmore" cattle. they were after the area they were from... wetmore, stanmore, ardmore, tarrington, kimbolton,etc = UK. ribstone is a canadian example. lots of others... by the way kimbolton would have been a line to avoid.

WichitaLineMan":2k107rqv said:
If you have an old ABS catalog with King Ten pictured, could you scan the picture and post it?

How about one of King Ten's sire?

FRCSIR1.jpg

George

frc-sir-11.jpg

FRS Sir 1

The markings make these appear to be different bulls. Any thoughts? I guess they are different sides however.

Hereford76":24hva032 said:
Does anyone happen to know any old abs reps that would have been peddling semen back in the 70's and 80's. I am trying to find semen on an older bull we used back then that was a hereford abs bull. I have had no luck with abs directly.

Good to see your not totally out of the Hereford business, hope you were able to keep some stock

rocket2222":1bs6rxzr said:
Hereford76":1bs6rxzr said:

Good to see your not totally out of the Hereford business, hope you were able to keep some stock

Sorry for any confusion guys - this place is still operating. If you are referring to the thread I posted as "the last roundup" - that ranch has been bull customers for a long time and they are dispersing - not me.

Rocket '76 wasn't leaving the business it is the Poetter Ranch that is dispersing their Hereford cattle.

Now if '76 would just check his e-mails we can get things set up for tomorrow and go looking at his bred heifers. :D :D :lol2: ;-) Need to know if we need to bring the trailer with us or not. Will bring my camera and with his permission post some pics.

I luv herfrds":3lgkz8l4 said:
Rocket '76 wasn't leaving the business it is the Poetter Ranch that is dispersing their Hereford cattle.

Now if '76 would just check his e-mails we can get things set up for tomorrow and go looking at his bred heifers. :D :D :lol2: ;-) Need to know if we need to bring the trailer with us or not. Will bring my camera and with his permission post some pics.

Cris - I am going up fairly early (too cold to get going too early) to gather bred heifers. I am going to start hauling them home to go out on winter pasture around home. You are more than welcome to come up... just let me know when you plan on being here and maybe I could time it so you could see the whole group in the set of corrals on our north place. I think I could get those girls corraled in 3 or 4 hours - so maybe somewhere around noon or 1 they would all be in the corral. If you want to bring your trailer that would be great - you could help haul them home!

Ace we may end up leaving one on the trailer for a ride farther south. :D ;-) we'll bring the 4 horse trailer. we will aim to be at your place before 1pm.
See you then.

Latest posts