ABS reps

Help Support CattleToday:

Hereford76

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
452
Reaction score
0
Location
North Central Montana
Does anyone happen to know any old abs reps that would have been peddling semen back in the 70's and 80's. I am trying to find semen on an older bull we used back then that was a hereford abs bull. I have had no luck with abs directly.

Does anyone have any old abs publications from the 70's or 80's.
 

WichitaLineMan

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 9, 2009
Messages
707
Reaction score
0
If you have an old ABS catalog with King Ten pictured, could you scan the picture and post it?
 

WichitaLineMan

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 9, 2009
Messages
707
Reaction score
0
What is the story on the "wetmore" cattle. Obviously Canadian breeding. Did the name start with a specific program? I notice that bull is an Ulrich bred bull.
 
OP
Hereford76

Hereford76

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
452
Reaction score
0
Location
North Central Montana
WichitaLineMan":34imp809 said:
What is the story on the "wetmore" cattle. Obviously Canadian breeding. Did the name start with a specific program? I notice that bull is an Ulrich bred bull.

there are all kinds of examples like the "wetmore" cattle. they were after the area they were from... wetmore, stanmore, ardmore, tarrington, kimbolton,etc = UK. ribstone is a canadian example. lots of others... by the way kimbolton would have been a line to avoid.
 

Herefords.US

Well-known member
Joined
May 6, 2006
Messages
2,066
Reaction score
4
Location
North Central Texas
WichitaLineMan":2k107rqv said:
If you have an old ABS catalog with King Ten pictured, could you scan the picture and post it?

How about one of King Ten's sire?

FRCSIR1.jpg


George
 

WichitaLineMan

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 9, 2009
Messages
707
Reaction score
0
frc-sir-11.jpg

FRS Sir 1

The markings make these appear to be different bulls. Any thoughts? I guess they are different sides however.
 

rocket2222

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2006
Messages
1,119
Reaction score
0
Hereford76":24hva032 said:
Does anyone happen to know any old abs reps that would have been peddling semen back in the 70's and 80's. I am trying to find semen on an older bull we used back then that was a hereford abs bull. I have had no luck with abs directly.

Does anyone have any old abs publications from the 70's or 80's.

Good to see your not totally out of the Hereford business, hope you were able to keep some stock
 

rocket2222

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2006
Messages
1,119
Reaction score
0
HerefordSire":3bfzqdre said:
WichitaLineMan":3bfzqdre said:
If you have an old ABS catalog with King Ten pictured, could you scan the picture and post it?


You sure do sound familiar. :kid: :kid: :kid:


Ummm, can we say welome back :)
 
OP
Hereford76

Hereford76

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
452
Reaction score
0
Location
North Central Montana
rocket2222":1bs6rxzr said:
Hereford76":1bs6rxzr said:
Does anyone happen to know any old abs reps that would have been peddling semen back in the 70's and 80's. I am trying to find semen on an older bull we used back then that was a hereford abs bull. I have had no luck with abs directly.

Does anyone have any old abs publications from the 70's or 80's.

Good to see your not totally out of the Hereford business, hope you were able to keep some stock

Sorry for any confusion guys - this place is still operating. If you are referring to the thread I posted as "the last roundup" - that ranch has been bull customers for a long time and they are dispersing - not me.
 

rocket2222

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 26, 2006
Messages
1,119
Reaction score
0
Yep, just got round to reading the rest of your last roundup post, sorry to hear about your friends, glad you are still hanging in there.
 

I luv herfrds

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
5,770
Reaction score
0
Location
Montana
Rocket '76 wasn't leaving the business it is the Poetter Ranch that is dispersing their Hereford cattle.

Now if '76 would just check his e-mails we can get things set up for tomorrow and go looking at his bred heifers. :D :D :lol2: ;-) Need to know if we need to bring the trailer with us or not. Will bring my camera and with his permission post some pics.
 
OP
Hereford76

Hereford76

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 2, 2007
Messages
452
Reaction score
0
Location
North Central Montana
I luv herfrds":3lgkz8l4 said:
Rocket '76 wasn't leaving the business it is the Poetter Ranch that is dispersing their Hereford cattle.

Now if '76 would just check his e-mails we can get things set up for tomorrow and go looking at his bred heifers. :D :D :lol2: ;-) Need to know if we need to bring the trailer with us or not. Will bring my camera and with his permission post some pics.

Cris - I am going up fairly early (too cold to get going too early) to gather bred heifers. I am going to start hauling them home to go out on winter pasture around home. You are more than welcome to come up... just let me know when you plan on being here and maybe I could time it so you could see the whole group in the set of corrals on our north place. I think I could get those girls corraled in 3 or 4 hours - so maybe somewhere around noon or 1 they would all be in the corral. If you want to bring your trailer that would be great - you could help haul them home!
 

I luv herfrds

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 24, 2007
Messages
5,770
Reaction score
0
Location
Montana
Ace we may end up leaving one on the trailer for a ride farther south. :D ;-) we'll bring the 4 horse trailer. we will aim to be at your place before 1pm.
See you then.
 

Latest posts

Top