? About steers.

Help Support CattleToday:

@Warren Allison depending on the size purchased they may be closer to 800 if I got 500 weights. I was just kicking around the idea, of sending them to the stockyards in OKC. More than likely I would probably just sell to a buyer around here, I don't know.
Calves would need to be around 1300 or 1400 lbs I would think to be ready for slaughter.
Watching Glasgow sale today. 400-500 black steers averaging in the $1.80's. White, red, etc were $1.60's. Just sold 86 black 600 lb steers that brought $1.63. 73 that were a littlew over 700lbs brought $1.52. On this group they didnt cut out the red, Char and smokies, though. probably 60 black and black baldies, and the rest were the odd colored.

Watching Glasgow sale today. 400-500 black steers averaging in the $1.80's. White, red, etc were $1.60's. Just sold 86 black 600 lb steers that brought $1.63. 73 that were a littlew over 700lbs brought $1.52. On this group they didnt cut out the red, Char and smokies, though. probably 60 black and black baldies, and the rest were the odd colored.
Unless it's changed Glasgow is a weigh in market. Cattke are weighed as they arrive.

Unless it's changed Glasgow is a weigh in market. Cattke are weighed as they arrive.
I don't know, but I guess that would explain how I saw them sell. For instance, they would run say 20 steers in. Maybe 12 would be angus or black baldy,,, with a few Charolais, red baldies, herefords, etc. in the mix. The display would show 20 head. Average 600 lbs, total weight 12,000. Auctioneer would say : " Selling the 12 black ones". They'd auction them off , and thjey;d bring , say, $1.85. Without them leaving the ring, he'd say " Selling those 2 white steers". The display would change to 2 head, average weight might change to 650, and the total weight would change to 1950. Theyd do the same thing with the red ones, etc. None of the cows left the ring, so they had to have been weighed when they got there.

Today the place to sell is Missouri. TN, NC and KY sales are running close. Going west, OK sale they are bringing decent, not like MO but as good as the other SE sales. Midwest, especially upper midwest, would be the pace to buy today.

Had 56 home raised in that sale

I don't know, but I guess that would explain how I saw them sell. For instance, they would run say 20 steers in. Maybe 12 would be angus or black baldy,,, with a few Charolais, red baldies, herefords, etc. in the mix. The display would show 20 head. Average 600 lbs, total weight 12,000. Auctioneer would say : " Selling the 12 black ones". They'd auction them off , and thjey;d bring , say, $1.85. Without them leaving the ring, he'd say " Selling those 2 white steers". The display would change to 2 head, average weight might change to 650, and the total weight would change to 1950. Theyd do the same thing with the red ones, etc. None of the cows left the ring, so they had to have been weighed when they got there.

Today the place to sell is Missouri. TN, NC and KY sales are running close. Going west, OK sale they are bringing decent, not like MO but as good as the other SE sales. Midwest, especially upper midwest, would be the pace to buy today.
Mondays are weigh in sales. They have couple weigh out sales on every other Thursday. Most of calves yesterday were weaned to their program with blue tags. Sold 1200 feeders yesterday

I went to the sale today. I was on a scouting mission again today. A lot of fall pairs and then bred heifers. Saw a 425 pound bull calf sell that was a split. It brought $1.70. I heard that they were selling 800 pound steers in S Dakota today for $1.75. The feeder market is looking good.

I went to the sale today. I was on a scouting mission again today. A lot of fall pairs and then bred heifers. Saw a 425 pound bull calf sell that was a split. It brought $1.70. I heard that they were selling 800 pound steers in S Dakota today for $1.75. The feeder market is looking good.
Saw come 400 bull calves...not steers., sell for $2.03 in Ok today. 31 in the group. I meant to watch it more, but got to watching the Heritage Auction (racing bred QHs and TBs) instead. Man, just clicked over to the I-40 sale in Arkansas. Been going on for m10 hours now!