? about care of dog close to having pups.

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills":2ssud9hy said:
Believe she is close now hasn't wanted to eat much since yesterday, and spends most of her time in her bed. She is panting and breathing harder today.

Edited to add that she now has 4 pups, and all seems to be going well so far.

Good deal. Hope all goes well and let us know if there's any way we can help.

JMJ Farms":2cwdy5eu said:
Ky hills":2cwdy5eu said:
Believe she is close now hasn't wanted to eat much since yesterday, and spends most of her time in her bed. She is panting and breathing harder today.

Edited to add that she now has 4 pups, and all seems to be going well so far.

Good deal. Hope all goes well and let us know if there's any way we can help.

Thanks we likely have some questions along. She now has 5.

Pregnant dogs need intensive care from their owners. They should be given healthy foods and exercise. They could also intake some vitamins and make sure that they are always clean and free from diseases,

aventun":i5st4roe said:
Pregnant dogs need intensive care from their owners. They should be given healthy foods and exercise. They could also intake some vitamins and make sure that they are always clean and free from diseases,

Sounds like you are talking about a human vs a dog... If they needed all that we wouldn't have dogs today..

skyhightree1":3gbzfqri said:
aventun":3gbzfqri said:

Sounds like you are talking about a human vs a dog... If they needed all that we wouldn't have dogs today..
Sounds like dogs need a mid wife also.

True Grit Farms":24hgxque said:
skyhightree1":24hgxque said:
aventun":24hgxque said:

Sounds like dogs need a mid wife also.

That stirrup table too

If they need that much intensive care I cull em. Bc they don't fit in my environment and won't work in my operation :lol2:

JMJ Farms":2110liam said:
If they need that much intensive care I cull em. Bc they don't fit in my environment and won't work in my operation :lol2:

Our new little mother dog is already back to helping me with cattle.

Ky hills":lkur6hh0 said:
JMJ Farms":lkur6hh0 said:

Our new little mother dog is already back to helping me with cattle.

Oh yeah. They are tough as nails. Guess that's nature. Couldn't lay around in the wild or something would eat them. They take whelping in stride most of the time. Only thing I've ever personally seen affect them is calcium levels, no different than a cow. But it's been very rare at my kennels.

Latest posts