A Welcome Day

Help Support CattleToday:

cmf1

Reaction score
Been cold and rainy. Will be again shortly, but today is a good one.
Should start calving around 2/26. Don't look like some are going to last that long.

Thanks,
BB, I cropped and zoomed on the cow in calf to Canadian Invasion from the pix I took earlier.
Due 3/15 roughly.

Yep, Rye grass.
Figured I let them have at that field for the first grazing of it. Supposed to be rainy and cool for the next 2-3 days and then growing weather for about a week. Fertilized in January so it should thicken up and grow next week. I've found letting them graze it a bit before a growth spurt makes it thicken good. Got 8 paddocks like that in varying stages and the cold didn't burn it any so it should be good to go. I hope.
Thanks Katherine.

She looks like a good cow for Michaelong Canadian Invasion to be bred to. I will be extremely interested to see how that calf turns out.

ALACOWMAN":1zfgbulj said:
Cattle look great..supposed to catch he// here tomorrow evenin'....

Thanks
I got hold of some really good hay this year and it's the first year I haven't even put out 1 tub.
I just moved them back into the sacrifice paddock for the up coming weather. At least they got a taste of what's around the corner.

Backbone Ranch":31u11kzy said:
She looks like a good cow for Michaelong Canadian Invasion to be bred to. I will be extremely interested to see how that calf turns out.

You and me both!

cmf1":18r8yl0k said:
Thanks,
BB, I cropped and zoomed on the cow in calf to Canadian Invasion from the pix I took earlier.
Due 3/15 roughly.

Everything looks great over there. The weather today was a welcome relief. Be careful with the Brahman in the rye grass until after they calve. We are running those 100 black cows you saw next to my house and the dogs on a pasture that has nothing but hay. As soon as they calve they are moved into another pasture with the rye grass. The only one we had trouble with calved today and she had gotten into the rye grass last week.

Thanks a lot Chris! You single handedly put every northern grazier in a foul mood by posting those pictures. Right now I'm staring at so much white that I was beginning to forget what green grass even was. Ha Ha Ha! Great looking cattle!

Adam

Anticipation Adam!
Now that I've seen the Pelion heifer I'm anticipating as well.
Problem is, the whorls read bulls.

I'll know more March 8 at second weigh in. He'll be on test at MIssissippi State till May 10.
First weigh Jan 11th looked pretty good. Pure forage test. 112 bulls.