A week into spring

Help Support CattleToday:

S&S Farms

Reaction score
Winter is just starting to arrive. They are predicting 4-8 inches in my area and much more west of us. I love living in Kansas never a dull moment. Will post pics if it get real deep

Jeff

S&S Farms":1blig0r3 said:
Winter is just starting to arrive. They are predicting 4-8 inches in my area and much more west of us. I love living in Kansas never a dull moment. Will post pics if it get real deep

Jeff

You oughta try living here. We haven't had any measurable precip since Dec and now close to a foot. Praise the Lord!

About 7 years ago we got 60 in of snow on May the 10th :shock: Yikes!!!!!!!!

They are calling for 8-10 inches here in Oklahoma.....Glad I put out hay yesterday. :)

Here in western ND,some places received 2' of snow last Monday.Before that there was weather in the 50's and flooding from the 80" of snow left from the winter.Sure nice to see the creeks and dams full of water though,should have a nice start to the growing season when it gets here.

3waycross":r54bri8y said:
S&S Farms":r54bri8y said:

Jeff

You oughta try living here. We haven't had any measurable precip since Dec and now close to a foot. Praise the Lord!

About 7 years ago we got 60 in of snow on May the 10th :shock: Yikes!!!!!!!!

I started jumping up and down and shoutin' "hallelujah" when it started to come down! Praise the good Lord that we're getting some moisture. I pray for more like it. Or, maybe we'll get a few feet in May! :cowboy: Gotta love Colorado.

I am in Kansas on business this week - right in the middle of this storm. First it rained, then it got colder leaving a thick coating of ice on the roads and everything else, then it started snowing and has been coming down steadily. Heard on the radio it is coming down at 2" of snow per hour at times. The radar shows the snow just stalled right overhead!

However this area has also been very dry up until now. Aside from the driving conditions, most of the local folks are thankful for the moisture. It is supposed to warm up next week. As stated above, this should provide a good start to the growing season, wheat, pasture and row crops.

Here are two pictures from the John Deere dealership where I was working today, March 27!

Tough weather to calve in though...I saw lots of new calves driving this direction. Many folks here are right in the middle of calving.

View attachment 1

Here in my part of Alabama, this March has been all over the map we had our biggest snow fall since 1993 and we have had several days (some in a row) where it has rained all day (today may be in that category). We have had a 28 degree low and an 82 degree high. The dafodills have all bloomed and gone. I have mowed my grass twice and my yard still has 18 inch high fescue in it now.

18 - 20 inches here I have no idea how you measure it when it is moving parallel to mother earth:) Those are the numbers they are reporting on the radio. Good news all of my door dont open out so I can at least get out. Will take pics later today,

jeff

SRBeef, with the sun shining bright and things turning green, that looks just like plain old COLD
sooknortex":3dontrb2 said:
You guys quite braggin.

I got another .10 (YTD = .35 inch)(Since Oct 14, 2008 = .45 inch)

Now we wait for another chance on Thursday.

One day closer rain, I guess, is the way to look at it.

Hang in their, it will come eventually. Since we have been getting some rain, I've had my fingers crossed it doesn't stop comming.
Brandonm22":3dontrb2 said:
Here in my part of Alabama, this March has been all over the map we had our biggest snow fall since 1993 and we have had several days (some in a row) where it has rained all day (today may be in that category). We have had a 28 degree low and an 82 degree high. The dafodills have all bloomed and gone. I have mowed my grass twice and my yard still has 18 inch high fescue in it now.

Haven't mowed mine since I quit watering it last August. I imagine in a week or two I might have something to cut.

westerndakota":d5u5x6qz said:
Here in western ND,some places received 2' of snow last Monday.Before that there was weather in the 50's and flooding from the 80" of snow left from the winter.Sure nice to see the creeks and dams full of water though,should have a nice start to the growing season when it gets here.
It sounds like the same areas that just got thru with a blizzard are in for another one starting tonight... :( And after that the weather boys say the pattern looks like another storm following right along for the later part of next week :shock: :(

We're getting the calm before the storm right now....Beautiful out- 40 degrees- no wind to speak of- sun shining------But 50 miles north I see on the radar its snowing along the border...

Just have to keep dreaming of the green grass...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BILLINGS HAS ISSUED A BLIZZARD WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON.

10 TO 15 INCHES OF SNOWFALL WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS WILL BE POSSIBLE BY MONDAY. IN ADDITION TO THE SNOWFALL... STRONG NORTH TO NORTHEAST WINDS OF 30 TO 40 MPH WILL ALSO BE POSSIBLE. THE SNOW COMBINED WITH THE STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW ALONG WITH VERY POOR VISIBILITIES. WHITEOUT CONDITIONS WILL ALSO BE POSSIBLE AT TIMES CREATING VERY HAZARDOUS TRAVEL. SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND BECOME HEAVY SUNDAY EVENING INTO MONDAY. WINDS WILL BE INCREASING SUNDAY NIGHT AND BY EARLY MONDAY MORNING VERY POOR VISIBILITY WITH RAPIDLY ACCUMULATING SNOW AND DRIFTING SNOW IS EXPECTED.

They just opened a lane down one road so I can get close to some of my cattle. the wall of smow from the snowplow was taller than my pickup. Good news cows are fine just wondering where I have been.
Amamzing how the wind blew a few open spots for them to gather in.

Latest posts