Reaction score
Got a lot done.
Found some bone
P1010133-1.jpg

P1010134.jpg

The stuff I brought home. It was a great time. :nod:
P1010166.jpg

I luv herfrds":19y64dcf said:
Looks like you had good luck finding a "few" sheds. :D Did you get wet while you were here?

Yup! :shock: What I can't figure out. :help: You guys get 10-12 inches of precipitation per year and I'm out there for about a month a year or so and you get all the rain during the time I'm out there. The rest of the year it must be
REALLY dry HUH??

I know you collect these things so I am happy for you that you got the time to go, and you found what you were looking for; but I have to wonder........What do you do with all of them now that you have them? :?:

Was wet here while you were gone so it doesn't make so much difference where you go to get rained on I suppose, but it is supposed to be a nice weekend! Welcome Home! :nod:

Angie, I just keep decorating my shack with the sheds and skulls. Maybe going to need an addition one of these years, :D

Well if that's the case, when things start getting really dry we will just all have to get together and get you back out here, never know might have some "rain maker" in your back ground. :D ;-)

I luv herfrds":2vng4amr said:
Well if that's the case, when things start getting really dry we will just all have to get together and get you back out here, never know might have some "rain maker" in your back ground. :D ;-)

I could sure bring you some precipitation. :cowboy:
I was down South of Malta Oct 07, hadn't had a good rain in two months there. 2nd day down there a thunderstorm 3.3 inches in a couple hours. Old timer I know who lives there said ain't been nothing like it, he was 91 years old. Last Fall mid Oct by Culbertson, they had a very dry Summer and Fall. Fire danger was very high. First day there it rained all day, turned to snow and they got 16 inches of heavy wet snow. No more fire danger.

What can you do to old weathered racks to make them look new again. Somebody told me this once but have forgotten.

What I do Joe is take the old antler out to the area I found it and beat it around in the brush and trees and $hit and give it a realistic die. ;-) :drink:

Only kidding. Like a light brown shoe polish or light stain, Even used oil with a little thinner will make them look pretty good. Then to rub or sand lightly the tips to make them more realistic. You've noticed in the natural brown antlers there is lots of color differences, depending what the buck is rubbing on. I just like to pile up the antlers and leave them as I found them.
I was real busy today, :shock: :oops: A friend stopped by, wanted to know how my trip went. 12 pack later and a story behind every shed, didn't get anything more done :drink: Oh Well :???: Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow. :tiphat:

Thanks for the tip. I got a few I'd like to dress up. Always good to have friends drop by and you are right about putting it off till tommorrow. No need to stress yourself during this slow down. I think I'm going to take heed to a dream I had the other night where I dreamed I was a mule. Like the mule in my dreams, I always enjoyed getting up with the sun and getting to work in the field. Though hot and humid, I trudged on tirelessly and started again the next day. In my dream, the farmer brought in a horse then another horse then another and before long I (the mule) was doing all the work and the horses were eating all the corn I was producing and not leaving me any. One day I just sat down in the field and no whip or carrot could make me get up. Don't know what this means but it must mean something otherwise I wouldn't have dreamed it.

Yup! I think dreams mean something. [only the good dreams]
I've been working at getting crops in. Everything I try to get going needs fixen first. I'm tired of fixen, think I'll go fishing tomorrow. And maybe through the weekend. :cowboy:

mnmtranching":2pki74jm said:
Yup! I think dreams mean something. [only the good dreams]
I've been working at getting crops in. Everything I try to get going needs fixen first. I'm tired of fixen, think I'll go fishing tomorrow. And maybe through the weekend. :cowboy:

Why put off till this weekend what you can do tommorrow? Might be raining this weekend which would be a perfect time to work on the equipment.

Speaking of fishing. Just bought a new boat this week - new to me anyhow. One good thing about the economy there are some bargains out there if you keep your eyes peeled.

Latest posts