A wage question.

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian

Reaction score
Northern New England Region, Tenterfield NSW Austr
Just wondering what the hourly rate for some jobs in the US or Canada are?
Here in Australian Nurse's pay varies a bit from state to state. Generally its pretty good. Aged care nurses used to be a long way behind but are now equal. We don't get any extra for extra certificates.
A Registered nurse gets $33 an hour plus for being in charge of the hospital you receive an extra $39 a shift.Plus penalty rates are paid for working evening,night shifts and weekends. We get 7 weeks holiday a year. We work a 19 day month. We get an allocated day off each month (these can be accumulated up to a maximum of 5) We are not permitted to work more than 7 days straight. We have 10 days sick leave a year. Our year goes from the time of the year that we commenced work.
Colin

My wife is an RN. She worked all the time. On call, all the time. She got ill and grumpy. I told her to quit if she wanted to. She did. Her pay was around $55/hour but nurses pay varied a lot depending on what you did. If she could have had a life outside the hospital and got the vacation time that ya'll get I'm sure she would have stayed. That sounds like a good deal to me. My wife is now doing a job she loves. Doesn't make near the money she used to but she is happy and when she is happy I am happy. :nod:

One of my sisters is an RN. She does the weekend shifts. 2 days @ 12 hours a day and an 8 hour day on call - for 40 hours pay. If she ever actually has to work the 8 hour day she gets comp time. Most of the time she only works two days a week and gets paid for 40 hours. It seems she makes about $38 an hour but I could be wrong.

Got no idea what nurses make but they are in high demand. Seems that's all you see in the papers and they pay bonus' and everything else to get the good ones.

Daughter and son in law are both pharmacist. Hard to imagine but he makes about $110 an hour in retail store and she brings in $90 an hour working in hospital pharmacy...plus all the usual benefits.

That sounds pretty familiar. She put in 20 years with them. This may not make any sense but her problem is that she cared too much for the patient to work for an investment company that happened to own a hospital.

Jogeephus":1salsfkw said:
That sounds pretty familiar. She put in 20 years with them. This may not make any sense but her problem is that she cared too much for the patient to work for an investment company that happened to own a hospital.

Makes perfect sense to me! And makes me :mad: :mad: :mad: And I feel so helpless to do anything about it! Not only do the patients suffer, their caregivers suffer...caregivers that came into the profession to "care!"

Alice

Latest posts