A very big THANK YOU

Help Support CattleToday:

baldy

Reaction score
I just want to say thanks to the whole board. My first summer in the cattle business is in the books and It was great, I did some things wrong but I learned alot and had a great time(and made a few bucks) I am pretty smalltime ( just a few yearlings) but you all took the time to help me and I do appreciate it. If I ever get to the point where I know half as much about critters as some of you I hope I will take the time to do the same for someone else. So Dun,La4angus,Campground Cattle, Texan, Ollie,Tc, Craigtx,Cattleannie, Vicky thevet, and all the others That I cant't think of right now , Thank you from the bottom of my heart

Not to sound philisophical, but passing on knowledge/experience is what it's all about. Other then a few truly "superior people", I think the majority of us participate to share what we know.

dun

I don't really believe I helped at all because I've been kind shy about posting in the past month. Didn't care to have any problems on here with all the ones I have here. I'm going to be 16 in November. I live in Omaha, not exactly a rural town. But I am willing to learn and I strive to have the best cattle possible. My uncle calls me the Cow Boss because I run the genetic department and do all the research and self maintain a history of our herd in my memory. I've truly enjoyed these boards over the past year and a half or so and I hope that we get back to the old ways of all cattle, only cattle, and a dang good time!

I'll step down now
Jake

Jake":tfdg1rqs said:
self maintain a history of our herd in my memoryJake

A little recommendation from someone that used to be young and maintained records in my head. Get it down in writting somewhere. Even if you have to hen scratch it on note paper, better yet a simple spreadsheet, anything to provide some perminence

dun

got' er on the computer too, just works real good for proving my dad wrong, grandpa has learned not to argue with me about cows....

Jake":18r2sot9 said:
got' er on the computer too, just works real good for proving my dad wrong, grandpa has learned not to argue with me about cows....

After I posyed the previous I got to thinking: This is Jake, she's sharp enough to have it down somewhere besides his memory.

dun

dun":27sstdl2 said:
Jake":27sstdl2 said:

After I posyed the previous I got to thinking: This is Jake, she's sharp enough to have it down somewhere besides his memory.

dun

:lol: :cboy: :lol:

Jake":17d7s6tc said:
I live in Omaha, not exactly a rural town. But I am willing to learn and I strive to have the best cattle possible.
Jake

SAY WHAT???
Omaha, that is not what your avartar says. Jake is a city boy? What is the world coming to :?: :?:

Annie, I read as many posts as I get time for and I find that alot of the time my questions are answered without even posting. So you have helped me...you just didn't know it. The same can be said of many others that I didn't name and I appologize for that.

dun":3nmvnd33 said:
Not to sound philisophical, but passing on knowledge/experience is what it's all about. Other then a few truly "superior people", I think the majority of us participate to share what we know.

Dun,
You got that right.
A man's worth is not what he has, but what he gives away.

Oh, c'mon now y'all. I "come outa the closet" and nobody says anything at all? Missi and I were talkin about it and she was tryin to see if anybody was awake, did everybody miss that fact I was born and half raised in the city?

Jake":3611hk9w said:
......did everybody miss that fact I was born and half raised in the city?
Nope. Didn't miss a thing, Jake. Its just that it doesn't matter to most of us where you live. There's lots of good cattlemen that come from bigger places. You're one of 'em. Its not like you're from San Francisco or something......

ok, I'd always kept it half hidden for fear of giving dun, lloyd and Campground heart attacks.... :lol: Didn't figure it'd matter to most of you, figured I'd proved myself enough it was time to let it out.

Jake":14348xka said:
ok, I'd always kept it half hidden for fear of giving dun, lloyd and Campground heart attacks.... :lol: Didn't figure it'd matter to most of you, figured I'd proved myself enough it was time to let it out.

I think "so what" bests sums it up. Just because the first house I lived and was raised in was a chicken coop doesn't mean I'm partial to chickens.

dun

Latest posts