A thought on electric fences, tell us your thoughts

Help Support CattleToday:

SHE , I was being funny not serious. Ever seen that movie Fun With Dick & Jane ? just some more redneck/country entertainment. I have a 2, 10 & 15 year old. I am a very good mother. I grew up with no one to take care of me so I know what a bad mother is & there is no way in hell I would neglect or mistreat my kids. Ppl should not take things so seriously & personally.

Back to the subject I love my electric.

We make the paddocks with the 39" curly q posts that you push in the ground. I have 2, 3 year old bulls that I keep at least a paddock apart (if not more as the grass dictates) and they have never touched each other. The one bull touched the fence twice when we first started training him now you can have a strand of it in your hand and move him any where. I respect him and he respects the fence.

I do recommend a 110v fence and keep the grass out of it. We have 6 strand polywire that carries about 10kV indicated by my checker. I also check my fence almost every day because of deer knocking the fence around. My young animals moved under the fence a time or two but you can quickly hear them when they hit it for the first time, or two. Like everything else electric is a good tool when taken care of and used in the manner it was made for.

Latest posts