A shout out about the drought.

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not":2r26gib0 said:
I have deeper emotions for someone who is suffering from the weather or anything else when they use common sense. The people that choose to live in the flooded area of new Orleans were playing Russian roulette. That's also true with people who live on the coast line or the line of fire so to speak. They know its not a matter of if but when. They are victims of their own stupidity. ITS HARD TO REALLY TREAT ALL PEOPLE EQUAL WHEN ONE GROUP CONTRIBUTED TO THEIR LOSS.
These people that you think are victims by their own stupidity I disagree. Most People living in the coastal areas are there providing essential services for the rest of the country. Me included. The first group I can think of are military, Then port workers without port workers I have no outlet for my finished products. Without port workers I have no fuel to conduct my business with. Coastal areas provide vital services for the rest of the country. Do you remember what happened to the price of fuel after rita and katrina? $3.65 diesel. Without coastal workers that is the price you will pay everyday if not more. People that work on the coast providing these services are entitled to the same things you are. They need grocery stores they need sewage plants they need public utilities. Everything you need they will need. If nobody lives there who will provide these services for them. Maybe on your little ranch you are self sufficent maybe you don't need fuel, elec, raw materials, a market for your finished product maybe you don't need anything at all. But I do and I am thankfull for these people that you call stupid because without them I couldn't see the same profit as I do with them.

somn":27gb2lqo said:
Why not":27gb2lqo said:
I have deeper emotions for someone who is suffering from the weather or anything else when they use common sense. The people that choose to live in the flooded area of new Orleans were playing Russian roulette. That's also true with people who live on the coast line or the line of fire so to speak. They know its not a matter of if but when. They are victims of their own stupidity. ITS HARD TO REALLY TREAT ALL PEOPLE EQUAL WHEN ONE GROUP CONTRIBUTED TO THEIR LOSS.
These people that you think are victims by their own stupidity I disagree. Most People living in the coastal areas are there providing essential services for the rest of the country. Me included. The first group I can think of are military, Then port workers without port workers I have no outlet for my finished products. Without port workers I have no fuel to conduct my business with. Coastal areas provide vital services for the rest of the country. Do you remember what happened to the price of fuel after rita and katrina? $3.65 diesel. Without coastal workers that is the price you will pay everyday if not more. People that work on the coast providing these services are entitled to the same things you are. They need grocery stores they need sewage plants they need public utilities. Everything you need they will need. If nobody lives there who will provide these services for them. Maybe on your little ranch you are self sufficent maybe you don't need fuel, elec, raw materials, a market for your finished product maybe you don't need anything at all. But I do and I am thankfull for these people that you call stupid because without them I couldn't see the same profit as I do with them.

Excellent post and dead on.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Campground Cattle":290kiatg said:
somn":290kiatg said:

Excellent post and dead on.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I must agree with the post too, but I think we are missing the point.

No one is wishing harship on anyone to get some much needed rain, I remember last year when it was so bad in Texas and alot of people on here were praying for rain in your area and none were wanting you to suffer from a hurricane, but I bet all of you would have loved to see a tropical storm/depression come your way if it would have given you some much needed rain.

I know some on here need a chill pill, but some seem to have opened the wrong bottle of pills.

Why not":13tcc5ie said:
somn":13tcc5ie said:
Why not":13tcc5ie said:

What you people want to call an excellent post i see as a biased read and interpretation.

Lets see if i can enlighten a little bit here. The people that suffered the most were on welfare not industry workers. The industry workers left and went to higher ground. I dare say many could have been living on higher ground if they had so choosen. Most lived there by choice. Go back and look at the pictures cars worth three times the value of their homes.
Just take a drive through what is considered to be the gheto on any given day. $40,000.00 cars while their houses are worth 3,000.00 on the best day drive through the inner cities. It all has to deal with choice for a lot of folks.

Then look at what a lot of them bought with the emergency debit cards. Liquor, hookers, big screens, massages and on and on.

Now as for the coastline people how many times have you seen where one big mansion after the other was destroyed two or three times over only to build back. These are also the welfare people also knowing they live in unsafe areas or hurricane alley. Yet they rebuild time and time again. Then when destruction comes they hold their hands out wanting charity or goverment assistance. The rich welfare recipients. ;-)

I think it would be wise for some of you to go back and read some of the posts that were written in 2005 after Katrina hit.
If someone knows they are in harms way or are living in the path of harm and keep doing it they are plain old stupid.

Ignorance is to not know better. Dumb deals with people who are operating without a full deck. Stupid is to know something can harm and do nothing about it and allow it to happen anyhow. There are excuses for and there can and should be compassion for ignorance and dumb.

Stupid people get what they deserve plain and simple.

somm im glad you were honest in your last sentence you would not profit with out them. The american way. One man said something years ago that if put in play would help anyone be proud of their acheivments. Ask not what your country can do for you But rather what can you do for your country. I think this holds true also when applied to our fellow man who desrve it.

I was one of those stupid industry workers that provided you services for thirty years, you haven't a clue.
I guess you think our homes and jobs don't get destroyed, I guess you think our family members don't die in these storms.
I have seen the men walking down the street shooting the rattlesnakes out of the ditches as they were as thick as fleas in houses cars you name it. I have seen people die from disease and infection due to city services shutdown for months.
Have stood in line for hours to come back in town with my family that had to get typhoid shots before you could return to the county. I was a civil defense worker they wanted back in to start supplying you with services. After one storm I had thirty one people living in my home as thiers didn't exsist any longer. They were stupid industry workers as well.
I read somewhere the average American's IQ is 90 or below bingo we have a winner.

Why not":3hyuhj8x said:
STUPIDITY IS knowing the consequences of something and doing it anyhow.
Thank god for the stupid soldiers that provide you with right to run your mouth about how stupid they are. Doesn't sound like such a brilliant statement when used in that context now does it. Coastal area workers risk their lives to provide you services that you seem to also be unthankful for.

Why not":q5iiyxff said:
somn":q5iiyxff said:
Why not":q5iiyxff said:
STUPIDITY IS knowing the consequences of something and doing it anyhow.
Thank god for the stupid soldiers that provide you with right to run your mouth about how stupid they are. Doesn't sound like such a brilliant statement when used in that context now does it. Coastal area workers risk their lives to provide you services that you seem to also be unthankful for.

By your own words these people are profit to your pocket book. :roll:
Your absolutly right those are my own words and I am thankful for that. What is your point or do you not have one.

Here's the bottom line:

We're hurting like heck for rain here. I dont wish any bad on anyone else, to cure my woes.Things WILL get better in time, I have faith. When you wish bad, you get bad.

Why not":3r2mzplc said:
Campground Cattle":3r2mzplc said:
somn":3r2mzplc said:

What you people want to call an excellent post i see as a biased read and interpretation.

Lets see if i can enlighten a little bit here. The people that suffered the most were on welfare not industry workers. The industry workers left and went to higher ground. I dare say many could have been living on higher ground if they had so choosen. Most lived there by choice. Go back and look at the pictures cars worth three times the value of their homes.
Just take a drive through what is considered to be the gheto on any given day. $40,000.00 cars while their houses are worth 3,000.00 on the best day drive through the inner cities. It all has to deal with choice for a lot of folks.

Then look at what a lot of them bought with the emergency debit cards. Liquor, hookers, big screens, massages and on and on.

Now as for the coastline people how many times have you seen where one big mansion after the other was destroyed two or three times over only to build back. These are also the welfare people also knowing they live in unsafe areas or hurricane alley. Yet they rebuild time and time again. Then when destruction comes they hold their hands out wanting charity or goverment assistance. The rich welfare recipients. ;-)

I think it would be wise for some of you to go back and read some of the posts that were written in 2005 after Katrina hit.
If someone knows they are in harms way or are living in the path of harm and keep doing it they are plain old stupid.

Ignorance is to not know better. Dumb deals with people who are operating without a full deck. Stupid is to know something can harm and do nothing about it and allow it to happen anyhow. There are excuses for and there can and should be compassion for ignorance and dumb.

Stupid people get what they deserve plain and simple.

somm im glad you were honest in your last sentence you would not profit with out them. The american way. One man said something years ago that if put in play would help anyone be proud of their acheivments. Ask not what your country can do for you But rather what can you do for your country. I think this holds true also when applied to our fellow man who desrve it.

I was one of those stupid industry workers that provided you services for thirty years, you haven't a clue.
I guess you think our homes and jobs don't get destroyed, I guess you think our family members don't die in these storms.
I have seen the men walking down the street shooting the rattlesnakes out of the ditches as they were as thick as fleas in houses cars you name it. I have seen people die from disease and infection due to city services shutdown for months.
Have stood in line for hours to come back in town with my family that had to get typhoid shots before you could return to the county. I was a civil defense worker they wanted back in to start supplying you with services. After one storm I had thirty one people living in my home as thiers didn't exsist any longer. They were stupid industry workers as well.
I read somewhere the average American's IQ is 90 or below bingo we have a winner.

Why don't you address the whole post rather than selective. Lets deal with those extravagant houses that have been destroyed with every storm and the same owner builds back and cries the blues while taking hand outs. Meanwhile insurance costs go up for one and all.

Have you ever built a barn or holding pen or your personal home in a flood plain? If you did and they got wrecked or destroyed you got what you deserved-if you knew the area was flood prone.

You know what was really crazy about Katrina was people blaming bush because they did not get out or because the mayor that was calling for it to be a CHOCOLATE CITY once again. This guy was so stupid he let the buses get destroyed rather than removing citizens on them.

THESE areas you choose to work in who made you live there after the first storm? I been dog bit before but never by the same dog twice. Ignorant, dumb or stupid all have their applications.

I am ignorant of many things as i do not know anywhere near everything there is to know.

Now the word dumb deals with ones IQ and not willing to get bit by the same dog twice i think i am not dumb. to YOU I AM DUMB BECAUSE I TYPE SOMETHING THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU BELEIVE OR WISH TO HEAR. YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINIONS JUST LIKE I AM.

STUPIDITY IS knowing the consequences of something and doing it anyhow. There are even consequences here voice a opinion other than a yes man one and be prepared to have the name calling start. To me to voice a different opinion while knowing the consequences is not stupid. Rather i try to not let people dictate what i say.

I have exercised my share of stupidity in life. But one way i will not be stupid is to try and demean you because you share a different opinion or because you choose to try and make a difference of opinion personal. I hope you feel better by making the IQ reference because you sure did not bother me with it.

Now why not answer about those people that keep building them beach houses back only to loose them again? Or have you ever built facilities in a flood prone area?

Let me see idf i can put it in farmer cattlman rancher terms. When anyone knows a bull throws monster type cow killin calves and they use him anyhow they were not dumb or ignorant just plain old stupid.

Again i have messed up my share but i do try to learn from my stupidity.

Let's put it really simply for you 75% of this country population lives within 100 miles of the coast. Why because that's where the jobs are. Without them you couldn't exist in your current lifestyle .
You don't have nice homes where you live? People that work hard and save thier money I guess don't deserve one according to you unless it is where you think they should build it. Who died and left you God? Who are you to tell people where they should and shouldn't live. Last time I checked people in this country have the right to live where they want. There are natural disasters in every region of this country no matter where you live. I just choose not to begrudge people of where they live or the possessions they own.
I have noticed a common theme through in this thread and that has been jealousy over peoples home.

Campground Cattle":vv5k45nt said:
I have noticed a common theme through in this thread and that has been jealousy over peoples home.

I saw that as well. Good post.

Ok, Ok, Everyone hold hands, Close your eyes, and chant all together; We have hijacked this post, We have hijacked this post, We have hijacked this post. Now, don't that feel better! :)

Maybe ya'll could find a way to dry this post out. That way, when you do get some rain, you will have plenty of fertilizer.

TREY-L":zixep81g said:
Ok, Ok, Everyone hold hands, Close your eyes, and chant all together; We have hijacked this post, We have hijacked this post, We have hijacked this post. Now, don't that feel better! :)

Sorry, Trey.

But does this mean I can get my hurricane now? :lol:

I would just like the rain part of it if that's possible. :lol:

For all of us Texans that were hoping for rain chances from Dean, they are predicting now that it will miss Texas completely, and hit southern Mexico.

Why not":lriox2uq said:
Jealous of welfare people really. JEALOUS OF WHICH ONE the rich living off the system or the crack heads living off welfare with their caddys and town cars in front of their $3,000 dollar dumps, who would ever figure.

When TRAGEDY STRIKES THE IDIOTS THAT BUILD IN HARMS WAY BENIFIT FROM THE CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS JUST LIKE EVERY BODY-ELSE who built inland on high ground but suffer losses. Its called coastline welfare recips.

Isnt it sad many are finding it hard to insure their property today because they have filed so many claims. They have the audacity to think the insurance companies have to insure them for their stupidity! :p

LET ME SAY SOMETHING I DONT PRETEND TO BE GOD AND DONT PRETEND TO KNOW HIM. I give my all in trying to live for him and for sure in giving to the needy not the greedy.

We live in a house far better than any thing built by todays standards. We live in a 169 year old farm house that has steam heat 15 inch wide quarter sawn oak floors. WE dont pay for heat we have our own gas well and actually sell the gas.

So why would there be a need to be invious of anybody elses house. We have a 12,000 square foot 169 year old barn as solid as the day it was built. You guys are barkin up the wrong tree if you think we would consider trading it for a million dollar home. Or that their is the slightest bit of jealousy. The barn is valued at over a half million. I would not trade it for a mansion being as it has hand hewn beams 24 foot tall. You walk in and the craftmanship overwhelms. The house and barn were both built in 1838. JEALOUSY GET REAL.

I bet you are on welfare how many farm subsidies have you filed for. Welfare for the farmer paid for by the city worker.
If you ever recieved a subsidy look in the mirror you are one of those welfare reciptants. I will bet a dollar agaist a doughnut hole, you have thought those farm subsidies was money the government owed you. Never crossed you mind the American taxpayer has to foot that welfare bill for farmers.

Some folks get a little too defensive don't they if somebody questions the corporate welfare. I don't see how it is jealousy to argue that it is not sound public policy for tax dollars to replace the same house every ten years or so. I am not for taking away anybody's rights; BUT IF you build your house within a 1/4 mile of an OCEAN or 50 yards from a major river or in a flood way....while I defend your right to do so, I don't see why you should expect the federal government to provide you with flood insurance or come rescue you when your living in a tent. Is any of THIS in the budget??? Heck no. The inevitable storm knocks down some poorly located houses and Uncle Sam borrows $50 billion to go play the heroe. Some poor kid 30 years from now will be getting his tax dollars spent servicing that debt as a result.

Caustic Burno":2kzzeuga said:
I bet you are on welfare how many farm subsidies have you filed for. Welfare for the farmer paid for by the city worker.
If you ever recieved a subsidy look in the mirror you are one of those welfare reciptants. I will bet a dollar agaist a doughnut hole, you have thought those farm subsidies was money the government owed you. Never crossed you mind the American taxpayer has to foot that welfare bill for farmers.

IF you want to ditch the whole farm subsidy program...go for it. It won't cost me a nickel because we don't participate in any of that and never have and hopefully never will.

Crowderfarms":sihh8tbn said:
Here's the bottom line:

We're hurting like heck for rain here. I dont wish any bad on anyone else, to cure my woes.Things WILL get better in time, I have faith. When you wish bad, you get bad.
Well said, Mr. Crowder.
You are right that when you wish bad you get bad. It will come back, some day,some way, even unto the children and the children's children.
Guess it takes some maturity to understand that. Once done it can't be laughed off.

Myself and others certainly care about your problems and hope you get rain.
I admire your faith and optimism.
Yes, it will get better.
Best to you.

I did not recieve any government money from Rita I stated my insurace paid on some claims to barns and houses. I paid for that insurance. I had cosiderable damage, after the insurance company got through it still cost more that what the average American makes a year to put everything back together.

Why not you still seem to have serious issues with people who live a different life than you. These are hard working Americans that are just trying to raise a family. There is a far higher percentage of Rural Americans on welfare and food stamps than the city folks. You can't go in a grocery store here without over half the people pulling a Lone Star Card or getting Wic.
This is because most of these backwoods hillbillies refuse to get an education, or I aint moving to the city and get a decent job to support my family. It's easier to set on the front porch and scratch and drink beer
The drug problem is far worse percentage wise as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts