A SHEEPISH QUESTION

Help Support CattleToday:

ELDONATOR

Reaction score
Now I've got a question about sheep. Three or four days ago my young ewe had triplets. Well I didn't find them in time. Two died but I found the other one prancing around the paddock. The mother can't, won't nurse it. She ignores it. I've been bottle feeding it. Today I took some 10 week old lambs to the auction. I had the bright idea that one of the two mothers who now don't have any lambs to nurse might nurse this little guy. Is it possible? Do you folks know of a web site with a q and a board similar to this pertaining to sheep? Thanks for any help!!!!

ELDONATOR":1jcwe04u said:
Now I've got a question about sheep. Three or four days ago my young ewe had triplets. Well I didn't find them in time. Two died but I found the other one prancing around the paddock. The mother can't, won't nurse it. She ignores it. I've been bottle feeding it. Today I took some 10 week old lambs to the auction. I had the bright idea that one of the two mothers who now don't have any lambs to nurse might nurse this little guy. Is it possible? Do you folks know of a web site with a q and a board similar to this pertaining to sheep? Thanks for any help!!!!

I will try to help this one time. When I was in school I used to show lambs. It will be hard to get one to take it if theirs has been weaned. If you have it on bottle now it is forever thier. You say how do I know. I guesse you are going to have to trust me. :oops:

Thank you folks for the information. I have put those web sites in my favorites. Great stuff. I can't thank you enough cause this will help me so much in the future.