A sad Parallel

Help Support CattleToday:

MillIronQH

Reaction score
A Sad Parallel...

I bought a bird feeder. I hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed. Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.

But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue. Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the table...everywhere. Then some of the birds turned mean: They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket. And others birds were boisterous and loud: They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. I took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio. Soon, the back yard was like it used to be...quiet, serene and no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

Now lets see...our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care, free education and allows anyone born here to be a automatic citizen. Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands. Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments are housing 5 families: you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor: you child's 2nd grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn't speak English: Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to press "one" to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people waving flags other than "Old Glory" are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.

Maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

MAYBE it's time our government started protecting our borders instead of trying to force other countries to be like us. You know, spend that 2 Billion dollars a week on actual US security instead of wasting it in the desert sands of Iraq. The Border Patrol could do a lot of patroling with $2 billion a year, much less a week.

Horticattleman":1or3aqif said:
If there are alot of escaped convists running loose in your neighborhood, what good is it to double dead bolt the front door if you leave the back door open?

Not much. But the first thing I'd do is close the prison door so no more could escape. The number of illegal's in this country has skyrocketed under the current Administration.

Frankie":icw7fvjc said:
The number of illegal's in this country has skyrocketed under the current Administration.

Actually, the number of illegals in this country has skyrocketed under EVERY administration in the past 40 years. Perhaps we should take a cue from the Clinton Administration and solve the problem this way:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=15598

:p :p

There is not a way to stop the flow from the border unless its mean. Put up a steel wall all across the border and they will simply blow it up when no one is around. Been their done that. When I was in the army they sent us to Arizona and we built a steel panel metal fence 6 miles long across the border. They (I'm guessing the drug smugglers) started blowing holes in the fence as soon as we left. They only need to walk up to it with a long fuse and put the bomb on it and walk off. The only way to stop the flow is to mine the whole border with nasty bouncing betties and vehicle mines. Thats what every communist country has ever done to keep people from defecting and it worked. If you can think of an example better than that post.

Walt

It looks like you started feeding to the birds of your imagination, but then they happen to be real birds.
Sorry, but you can't expect that birds (or whichever) behave as your fantasy wants them to.
We all have done the same mistake.
A hint could be to move the feeder in another suitable place?

Txwalt":1cdq2ap9 said:
There is not a way to stop the flow from the border unless its mean. Put up a steel wall all across the border and they will simply blow it up when no one is around. Been their done that. When I was in the army they sent us to Arizona and we built a steel panel metal fence 6 miles long across the border. They (I'm guessing the drug smugglers) started blowing holes in the fence as soon as we left. They only need to walk up to it with a long fuse and put the bomb on it and walk off. The only way to stop the flow is to mine the whole border with nasty bouncing betties and vehicle mines. Thats what every communist country has ever done to keep people from defecting and it worked. If you can think of an example better than that post.

Walt

Not true. Just in the last quarter, illegal corssings are down more than 50%. The Bush Administration has simply refused to hire more Border Patrol agents in the past. Now that the money is there, attention is being drawn to how dangerous it is to have that many unknowns coming into this country, progress is finally being made.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/n ... der22.html

draco9":11qfonp7 said:
It looks like you started feeding to the birds of your imagination, but then they happen to be real birds.
Sorry, but you can't expect that birds (or whichever) behave as your fantasy wants them to.
We all have done the same mistake.
A hint could be to move the feeder in another suitable place?

Like back to mexico, and then wait on the back porch with a shotgun to get any birds that sneek back into your yard. When are we going to start protecting or yard? :mad:

Alan

Frankie":319vx8h3 said:
Txwalt":319vx8h3 said:

Walt

Not true. Just in the last quarter, illegal corssings are down more than 50%. The Bush Administration has simply refused to hire more Border Patrol agents in the past. Now that the money is there, attention is being drawn to how dangerous it is to have that many unknowns coming into this country, progress is finally being made.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/n ... der22.html

I'm afraid your comparing apples to oranges. How many people do you think crossed the border of the USSR illegaly. Your talking about putting duck tape on a busted pipe. I'm talking about stopping the leak.

Walt

Latest posts