A red poll bull for Jovid

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
What do you think of this bull?

I dont know who he is or how he did at the show, but he was standing in the washbay at Canberra Show and he struck me as a better type of animal than the typical Red Polls here. Unfortunately RPs around here are generally very poorly muscled, poorly structured, leggy and very narrow. This guy seemed to be carrying a lot more red meat than the norm, plus he was as long as anything.

Goats_063.JPG

Thanks for the pic. He definitely has some muscle and appears to be rather thick. Looks more like the bulls over here. Similar to our bull.

IMG1153_012.JPG

Jovid":2jiz0wmn said:
Thanks for the pic. He definitely has some muscle and appears to be rather thick. Looks more like the bulls over here. Similar to our bull.

IMG1153_012.JPG
Jovid-

Long and deep hind quarters. Is he also equally as thick? Good looking bull! Looks as though he would sire smooth-shouldered, easy calving females.

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":24oioa1o said:
Jovid":24oioa1o said:

IMG1153_012.JPG
Jovid-

Long and deep hind quarters. Is he also equally as thick? Good looking bull! Looks as though he would sire smooth-shouldered, easy calving females.

DOC HARRIS

Yep! He is very thick.

Thanks for the comments

Jovid, I think where your bull has the advantage is that he has more bone to him, and shorter legs (less air underneath him). But it is good to see the red poll breed in Australia improving their standard. On the whole I think they are getting females with greater pelvic capacity too.

Keren":2p2of4ty said:
Jovid, I think where your bull has the advantage is that he has more bone to him, and shorter legs (less air underneath him). But it is good to see the red poll breed in Australia improving their standard. On the whole I think they are getting females with greater pelvic capacity too.

Same over here......In fact we have had some bigger calves the last couple of years without any problems. My granddaughter is showing her heifers and steer Friday night so I will try to get a few pics of her heifers. I think it will surprise a few folks.