A Rant

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt":3af8v02u said:
Frankie":3af8v02u said:
Congressman Mark Foley resigned from the House yesterday after being confronted with suggestive IMs to an underage boy. And the story is there are many more IMs and emails, more graphic than the ones we've seen on TV. We've had all kinds in Congress, crooks, liars, cheaters, idiots, wife beaters, mistress chokers, on both sides of the aisle, but this has to be a new low! It's bad enough that our kids are exposed to smut on the internet by strangers, but someone they met walking the halls of Congress! And to make it worse, the House leadership has known about this for almost a year! They didn't report it to the FBI; they didn't start an investigation. No telling how many other youngsters have been slimed by this guy in the last year. Now that the news media have outed Foley, there's a big rush to investigate and make the pages safe. I'm totally disgusted with these guys. :mad:

He was a bad man, and he is gone, now lets move on and worry about the important issues instead of what some Gay Pervert did.

He's not gone at all. He's now claiming to have been molested by some Clergyman, as a Child. That's how these Maggots justify their actions.The worms of society that prey on children and the elderly IMHO, dont deserve to breathe our air.This freak has probably been at it for years.Now watch his victims step out the woodwork.

They'll make a TV movie out of the guys sick life. I get real tired of these scumbags passing the buck and not living up to the word Accountability.They've always got an excuse.

Crowderfarms":2tgve4xf said:
aplusmnt":2tgve4xf said:
Frankie":2tgve4xf said:
Congressman Mark Foley resigned from the House yesterday after being confronted with suggestive IMs to an underage boy. And the story is there are many more IMs and emails, more graphic than the ones we've seen on TV. We've had all kinds in Congress, crooks, liars, cheaters, idiots, wife beaters, mistress chokers, on both sides of the aisle, but this has to be a new low! It's bad enough that our kids are exposed to smut on the internet by strangers, but someone they met walking the halls of Congress! And to make it worse, the House leadership has known about this for almost a year! They didn't report it to the FBI; they didn't start an investigation. No telling how many other youngsters have been slimed by this guy in the last year. Now that the news media have outed Foley, there's a big rush to investigate and make the pages safe. I'm totally disgusted with these guys. :mad:

He was a bad man, and he is gone, now lets move on and worry about the important issues instead of what some Gay Pervert did.

He's not gone at all. He's now claiming to have been molested by some Clergyman, as a Child. That's how these Maggots justify their actions.The worms of society that prey on children and the elderly IMHO, dont deserve to breathe our air.This freak has probably been at it for years.Now watch his victims step out the woodwork.

They'll make a TV movie out of the guys sick life. I get real tired of these scumbags passing the buck and not living up to the word Accountability.They've always got an excuse.

I agree, every-time someone gets caught with their hand in the cookie jar they turn it into them being the victim. Everyone is the Victim! First thing his lawyer said was "He is Gay, alcohol problem and Molested by a priest when he was a teen.

So now he can shift the blame over to the Catholic church and his supposed molestation.

aplusmnt":12ys7xbi said:
Frankie":12ys7xbi said:

I have not been able to get enough information on this so far, not enough time to listen, read or watch the news.

But some bits and pieces I have heard said, FBI had looked into it in past but there was not enough information to continue.

Also some people believe things were covered over by both parties because he was Gay, and they did not want to point a finger at a Gay Man with out strong evidence. And all the early emails were mild in manner and not strong enough to bring down the Gay activist that would say they were just lashing out at a Gay man.

Other interesting bit I heard was that the Media and Dems knew about this also. But they did not do anything to protect these Pages because they wanted to wait to drop the bomb right before the Mid Term election.

He was a bad man, and he is gone, now lets move on and worry about the important issues instead of what some Gay Pervert did. If we based our votes on the morals of the Politicians Washington would be a ghost town, there all bad and those that are not are bad due to guilty by association.

Well, you should take time to set down and listen or read. Fordham, a top Republican staffer just resigned. As he went out the door, he said that he had notified the Speaker and other members of the House leadership at least TWO YEARS AGO about Foley and nothing was done. TWO years! No telling how many kids this guy slimed in that period of time! Disgusting. There's no excuse for this. The Speaker should resign his leadership position immediately.

I think Hastert is toast. I read one very conservative blogger who is offering NO support. The GOP has a month to put some sort of good face on all this. Good luck.
Look for the mud to fly if you have a contested Congressional district. I live in one of those, and I border two others. Along with the tv ads and the mailings, I suspect that every private eye in 200 miles is working overtime looking for scandal on either candidate. There will be about $10 million spent here, counting the off budget stuff. Staggering.

First to be clear here I do not want to be a person that takes up for a Gay, Perverted, congressman.

But to put things in some perspective as far as what was known and who should have did something. From what I read of the older emails that the House leadership was informed about there was not much they could have did the age of consent in Washington DC is 16 and he did not write any explicit emails to the kid. He asked him how things were at home, how was he after the hurricane.

Here is some of the early emails

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Congr ... _0928.html

From what I have heard it was not till recently that any sexual content instant messages have appeared.

Like I said not taking up for Foley, I am the last person that would take up for a person like this. But not so sure he did anything legally wrong two years ago.

I only take this side because the Liberals could care less about Foley or the Pages, they only want to affect the election in a few weeks and try to bring down Hastert.

Funny thing is even though they will try to use this to bring down the conservative party, Foley is probably more liberal than most Dems, why he was a republican I will never understand. He was not only a closet Homosexual he was also a closet Liberal.

aplusmnt":3inwwofu said:
First to be clear here I do not want to be a person that takes up for a Gay, Perverted, congressman.

But to put things in some perspective as far as what was known and who should have did something. From what I read of the older emails that the House leadership was informed about there was not much they could have did the age of consent in Washington DC is 16 and he did not write any explicit emails to the kid. He asked him how things were at home, how was he after the hurricane.

Here is some of the early emails

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Congr ... _0928.html

From what I have heard it was not till recently that any sexual content instant messages have appeared.

Like I said not taking up for Foley, I am the last person that would take up for a person like this. But not so sure he did anything legally wrong two years ago.

I only take this side because the Liberals could care less about Foley or the Pages, they only want to affect the election in a few weeks and try to bring down Hastert.

Funny thing is even though they will try to use this to bring down the conservative party, Foley is probably more liberal than most Dems, why he was a republican I will never understand. He was not only a closet Homosexual he was also a closet Liberal.

According to my nephew who is a policeman that investigates this kind of "thing," what Foley wrote to this young man is a red flag! This kind of email content is what peaks police interest when it comes to pedofiles.

Alice

Hmm. According to The Hill newspaper, it turns out that the guy who gave these emails to the media is a Republican, a House GOP aide at the time. Good for him. A least one person put the safety of the Pages above politics.

Please don't be blinded by the Party(for or aganst)--That person has to b stoped-and anyone regardless of who they are or what post they hold must be held accountable

peg4x4":3hhb7b4w said:
Please don't be blinded by the Party(for or aganst)--That person has to b stoped-and anyone regardless of who they are or what post they hold must be held accountable

Agreed!

Alice

aplusmnt":1z03j1wj said:

No fair!
Major League sports have "trading deadlines", and so does politics. You can't trade this guy to the Dems, he's yours for the season.
:roll:

john250":143diju6 said:
aplusmnt":143diju6 said:

No fair!
Major League sports have "trading deadlines", and so does politics. You can't trade this guy to the Dems, he's yours for the season.
:roll:

He never was part of my team. I am a Conservative and a homophobic so he does not fit on my roster.

Interesting development I have read that it might be that the sexual explicit Instant Messages was to an 18 year old and not a minor. We will see how this pans out.

Latest posts