A Rant

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
Congressman Mark Foley resigned from the House yesterday after being confronted with suggestive IMs to an underage boy. And the story is there are many more IMs and emails, more graphic than the ones we've seen on TV. We've had all kinds in Congress, crooks, liars, cheaters, idiots, wife beaters, mistress chokers, on both sides of the aisle, but this has to be a new low! It's bad enough that our kids are exposed to smut on the internet by strangers, but someone they met walking the halls of Congress! And to make it worse, the House leadership has known about this for almost a year! They didn't report it to the FBI; they didn't start an investigation. No telling how many other youngsters have been slimed by this guy in the last year. Now that the news media have outed Foley, there's a big rush to investigate and make the pages safe. I'm totally disgusted with these guys. :mad:

This isn;t anything really new. There were pages of both genders being victimized a few years ago. Don;t recall which puke it was, but he resigned or had just been not re-elected before it hit the fan.
Despicable (expletive deleted).

dun

My son sent me the article this morning. Yes, it is disappointing. Especially in the age where you can see predators get arrested on television every week on that
Dateline show.

I don't know about you'all, but that whole thing is getting pretty seedy to me. I am glad they are bringing this issue to the attention of the public and all, and one or two programs would have made everyone more aware. This every week stuff is getting to make me feel like I need a shower after watching it. My husband likes to hear the men try to explain their way out of it. Can be pretty funny. But mostly, it is getting pathetic. Just MHO.

You reckon both parties in congress helped cover it up? You'd have thought one of the dems would have hopped all over this before now and outed the piece of @#$%.

I'm so disgusted with politicians I don't even read about them anymore. Guess I'm gonna have to start keeping closer tabs on the news and start getting more pro active again. Yuck! I used to write congress people a lot...got sick of the canned responses. Oh well...here we go again!

Alice

On the same subject, it has come to light that the high school girls coach in one of the local schools has been molesting at least one of the girls, and is now up on charges. It is also strongly suspected that the principal and another teacher knew about it and did nothing. The high school math teacher has also been fired (I think) due to suggestive text messages to various girls. I personally think they should string 2 of them up by their manhood and let 'em swing! :x Should it be proven that the prinicipal and other teacher did in fact know about it and did nothing, they should be strung up as well. What is wrong with these people?

I agree with all of you ..We have to help keep our children safe at home an d at school which is not safe any m ore..Peace on Earth.

we had a doctor a few years ago (came from jordan) was asking all kinds of inappropriate questions about sex to young teenage female patients. They moved him out pretty quick The worst part was he was a good doctor (in the fact that he knew his stuff pretty good )-the one they sent to relace him doesn't know sqaut. he comes from africa

carl

I find it completely unbelievable.

I fully support a full blown investigation into this issue but I don't wanna be lumped into the same category as Pelosi or Elliot who are using the incident to condemn the entire republican party.

My motives for wanting this investigated is to make sure we don't have anymore whackos hiding in our government, not to earn a few votes.

This morning on the news, they were interviewing a guy who was a page and he said that the pages were reluctant to say anything about this sort of thing because they didn't want to be tainted should they ever have any sort of political aspirations for the future. I guess it is really an honor, and quite difficult to become a page, and young people who do this want to look good and not rock the boat.

Also I heard that the pages were warned five years ago that Rep. Foley might try junk like this and that they needed to watch out for him.

Five years! Lord only knows what he did to how many in that time period. He could have molested someone and they would never tell because they didn't want to ruin their future.

Talk about silent victims. He knew exactly what he was doing. And now he's checked himself into rehab. He'll blame his nastiness on alcohol, I'm sure. I'm also sure he feels really sorry - for himself!

peg4x4":2zootz7z said:
That old "I was drunk" crap just doesn't cut it..

Not with people bent that direction, it doesn't. No rehab in the world will make a difference.

Alice

I don;t know the proper term for it, but have read that the rate of not stoping and going back to molesting kids is the highest rate there is

dun

See,this is "normal"for them..no way can they quit..jail makes no difference....I vote for nutering....

dun":379u0zke said:
I don;t know the proper term for it, but have read that the rate of not stoping and going back to molesting kids is the highest rate there is

dun

I believe the term is recidivism, meaning habitual relapse.

Si

Green Creek":2ru8rfcp said:
dun":2ru8rfcp said:

dun

Si

Thaqt's the one. I can say it just can;t spell it

dun

dun":3jz7tcxy said:
Green Creek":3jz7tcxy said:
dun":3jz7tcxy said:

dun

Si

dun

Yeah,that......No way short of dead will they quit..

peg4x4":1mgb8hh4 said:
dun":1mgb8hh4 said:
Green Creek":1mgb8hh4 said:
dun":1mgb8hh4 said:

dun

Si

dun

Yeah,that......No way short of dead will they quit..

Castration. I believe it has been ruled "cruel and unusual" but it would go a long way toward solving the problem. Seems I remember a story from years back where a molester actually requested castration and couldn't be accomodated. Probably this board could help.

Seems like I read about an Asian guy that offers castration to interested partys..It's legal,as is volentary...(now where did I read that) Anyhow he had a going busness..

peg4x4":2e94k3iu said:
Seems like I read about an Asian guy that offers castration to interested partys..It's legal,as is volentary...(now where did I read that) Anyhow he had a going busness..

I'm foggy on this, but there was a criminal case in Indiana a few years ago where a man with some minimal medical skills was doing "back alley castrations" for paying clients. It all came to light when one patron bled to death. I have no idea what kind of man pays to be castrated, and I don't really want to know. Maybe they just wanted to sing the really high notes.

Frankie":zxladn9h said:
Congressman Mark Foley resigned from the House yesterday after being confronted with suggestive IMs to an underage boy. And the story is there are many more IMs and emails, more graphic than the ones we've seen on TV. We've had all kinds in Congress, crooks, liars, cheaters, idiots, wife beaters, mistress chokers, on both sides of the aisle, but this has to be a new low! It's bad enough that our kids are exposed to smut on the internet by strangers, but someone they met walking the halls of Congress! And to make it worse, the House leadership has known about this for almost a year! They didn't report it to the FBI; they didn't start an investigation. No telling how many other youngsters have been slimed by this guy in the last year. Now that the news media have outed Foley, there's a big rush to investigate and make the pages safe. I'm totally disgusted with these guys. :mad:

I have not been able to get enough information on this so far, not enough time to listen, read or watch the news.

But some bits and pieces I have heard said, FBI had looked into it in past but there was not enough information to continue.

Also some people believe things were covered over by both parties because he was Gay, and they did not want to point a finger at a Gay Man with out strong evidence. And all the early emails were mild in manner and not strong enough to bring down the Gay activist that would say they were just lashing out at a Gay man.

Other interesting bit I heard was that the Media and Dems knew about this also. But they did not do anything to protect these Pages because they wanted to wait to drop the bomb right before the Mid Term election.

He was a bad man, and he is gone, now lets move on and worry about the important issues instead of what some Gay Pervert did. If we based our votes on the morals of the Politicians Washington would be a ghost town, there all bad and those that are not are bad due to guilty by association.

Latest posts