a quote I like.

Help Support CattleToday:

M5farm

Reaction score
"The most beautiful women I have known had one thing in common apart from beauty: humility. It's a shame that those with less to boast about do it the most."
Donna Lynn hope

I ran across this quote yesterday and thought it was fitting for almost all ladies that frequent this site.

What is a beautiful woman? All women are beautiful. Mom is 92, stooped, wrinkled, thin white hair, hands twisted. She is beautiful.

Humans share common failings. Never as clearly defined as that quote makes it sound to be. If it was, we could separate the human race into two categories: The good and the bad.

I do not disagree . all woman are beautiful. But some cover up their beauty by opening their mouth.

M5farm":1ifnmwxx said:
I do not disagree . all woman are beautiful. But some cover up their beauty by opening their mouth.
I love those sassy women. To each his own. Everyone is different. I like bold brave women. They don't have to crawl around like a mouse and look
Pretty to attract me!!!

Like a gold ring in the snout of a pig is a beautiful woman who lacks good sense.

M5farm":j1xn631k said:
Your missing the point of the quote Inyati.

I know. I saw that. The quote has quantitative and qualitative properties. For example, it seeks to qualify beauty and quantify humility. Each of us puts a relative value on humility. While one of us holds it to a higher degree of significance another of us holds it to a lesser degree of significance. One man may desire a woman of great humility. Another man may find a woman with "more spirit" to be more desirable even if he has to give up some humility. It is all a matter of "being in the eye of the beholder".

inyati13":3sodpz3j said:
M5farm":3sodpz3j said:
Your missing the point of the quote Inyati.

I know. I saw that. The quote has quantitative and qualitative properties. For example, it seeks to qualify beauty and quantify humility. Each of us puts a relative value on humility. While one of us holds it to a higher degree of significance another of us holds it to a lesser degree of significance. One man may desire a woman of great humility. Another man may find a woman with "more spirit" to be more desirable even if he has to give up some humility. It is all a matter of "being in the eye of the beholder".

I admire humility in all people. Arrogance and conceit are unfavorable traits.

inyati13":26ajxarz said:
M5farm":26ajxarz said:
I love those sassy women. To each his own. Everyone is different. I like bold brave women. They don't have to crawl around like a mouse and look
Pretty to attract me!!!
Just available and affordable?? :lol: :lol:

M5farm":1ngakovd said:
"The most beautiful women I have known had one thing in common apart from beauty: humility. It's a shame that those with less to boast about do it the most."
Donna Lynn hope

I ran across this quote yesterday and thought it was fitting for almost all ladies that frequent this site.

I haven't figured out yet whether the ladies of CT are being praised or insulted, or if one of the above, on what grounds exactly
or whether this 'almost all' group includes all the female contingent or just the ones with 'girl' in their name.

I could discuss the reasons why truly beautiful women do not get advantage from boasting about their advantages...
but that wouldn't be showing sufficient humility

TexasBred":b3dojx7e said:
inyati13":b3dojx7e said:
M5farm":b3dojx7e said:
Pretty to attract me!!!
Just available and affordable?? :lol: :lol:

I dont' even set the bar that high..........I am usually willing to settle for willing :mrgreen:

I fail to see where beauty has anything to do with posting here. On a forum it is all about what is written, IMO.

Interesting thread.

Humility: a modest or low view of one's own importance; humbleness.

Is that good? Did anyone teach their children to have a "low value of the their importance"?

Society does not always get it right. The majority does not always get it right. The values that our parents teach us are not always right. In the course of our experience that is our life, does anyone else perform a self-assessment based on their own experiences and values so as to cast aside those traits that hold them back?

I have spent some time thinking about this quote. Regolith and I rarely share the same side. She stated, "I haven't figured out yet whether the ladies of CT are being praised or insulted." Good point!

I am going to agree with Ga.Prime. Who wants to live life with humility? Live it bold!

Rego, it was meant as a compliment. Some people confuse meekness with humility. Some of the most successful strongest women I've ever met were humble.

Yes Ron I did teach my children not to put a value on the work they do for others.

Being in a fraternity, I spent a fair amout of time in college around a vast array of people. I have seen more beautiful women than I can ever imagine. I have seen skin deep beauty. I have seen beauty that radiates like sunshine from a girl that most would pass up, but b/c of her personality she is the most beautiful girl in the room. From my experiences, I learned that the latter is the better wife. That being said, I won the jackpot b/c my wife is not only one of the best women I have ever met, but she is beautiful too boot! I have no idea why she's put up with me for so long, but I'm not asking any questions. :secret:

I will say that I have also seen a number of beautiful girls that ruin it by either too much makeup or not enough personal care. Try putting on some clothes that fit and getting off your phone all the time!End rant.

melking":2ui4763l said:
Some of the issue is when folks believe that " the meek shall inherit the earth". If you do not tell your story, no one else will.

Your actions can and will speak much louder than your words.

And the most beautiful thing any woman can wear is a smile.

Latest posts