A quick update

Help Support CattleToday:

hotbarrel

Reaction score
I posted my questions a week ago and got some good info back.
I thought I would post an update here.
the young bull is well. I got a beef tape and it estimates his weight to be actualy about 330 pounds. wow that is a lot better than the 250 I was told when I got him.
as for the apples I had planned on feeding him. I decided to only feed him 3 apples morning and 3 in the evening. I had planed to feed him a 5 gallon bucket a day but now find that would heve been a bad idea.
I got some free corn stocks and he likes them better than the hay so I am now running around getting all the free corn stocks I can find HAHaHA . we stuffed the back of the waggon today from a small field. we asked the owner and he said take all you like. he was just going to plow it under in the spring anyway.
I hope to cut my feed cost by %75 , however I realisticaly believe I will get the feed cost cut in 1/2 simpaly by asking for free stocks.
I have also tied him to the plow truck out in the yard so he can eat the grass before we get hit with a hard frost. ferr food "what the heck"
his stool looks fine and well digested.
he now seems accustmed to his new home. he clearly knows our voices and is allways happy to see us. he is a lot like a big dog.
All seems well for now. we are 1 week into our first animal.
thanks for reading H.B.

TNMasterBeefProducer":2dw4iy6v said:
DONT EVER FORGET

He is not a dog and will and can kill you at a moments notice if he has a mind to. NEVER EVER EVER turn your back on him no matter how gentle he is.

This is the best advice that you're ever going to get on that bull. He is a bull, he is going to be a bull, and he is going to get big.

Trust him too much and he's going to hurt you....

grannysoo
thanks for the good advise! we appreciate it. I hear you and will do my very best to respect the size and strenght of this bull
now for another update. more good news.
when I got the hraness it was allmost falling off even at the tightest hole, NOW I have to go to the second hole just to do it up!!! WOW