A question?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alberta farmer

Reaction score
Reading bluestems remarks below about fish/seafood and MCOOL I wondered just how that works? I'll admit I don't know much about the subject.
If an American fishing boat catches Salmon off the Alaska coast are those fish labelled "product of the USA"? What about if they are processed in say China...are they still a product of the USA?
And if a Japanese fishing boat catches those same fish is it a product of the USA or a product of Japan? How about if the Japanese have the product processed in San Fransisco? What is it then?
Maybe the USDA should insist all fish carry a RFID tag or maybe a brand? LOL

Alberta farmer":1oo2ho41 said:
Reading bluestems remarks below about fish/seafood and MCOOL I wondered just how that works? I'll admit I don't know much about the subject.
If an American fishing boat catches Salmon off the Alaska coast are those fish labelled "product of the USA"? What about if they are processed in say China...are they still a product of the USA?
And if a Japanese fishing boat catches those same fish is it a product of the USA or a product of Japan? How about if the Japanese have the product processed in San Fransisco? What is it then?
Maybe the USDA should insist all fish carry a RFID tag or maybe a brand? LOL

Might work...we already know we can't keep them in fences. :lol: