A question for the experts. creep feeding pure bred calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Tc":2s0u8iq2 said:
iv never seen a strate angus calfe go much over 500 on grass.thats the reason i dont like angus.they grow to slow.an all this ajusted weight stuf is just a buntch of nonsence to me.~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tc
Lots of things you have never seen then.

Tc":31mqqk2b said:
iv never seen a strate angus calfe go much over 500 on grass.thats the reason i dont like angus.they grow to slow.an all this ajusted weight stuf is just a buntch of nonsence to me.~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tc
Your spelling looks like your fixi'n to get ready for the vols. game soon.

ive seen a lot of angus salespitch lies.but i dont fall for it anymore if i put an angus bull on my cows will lose 100lb per calf come sell time.~~~~~~~~~~Tc

What kind of cows do you run, Tc? Maybe since y'all are up there in Tennessee you're accustomed to using full sibs?

ollie":1mw2klet said:
Come to think of it Frankie why didn't you just take the five highest ww epd's ?

Actual performance is highly correlated to management. These five bulls are in a contemporary group. They were all born Jan-Feb of '04. Their dams all raised them, side by side, on grass. I've reported their actual WW to the Angus Assn. and got the adjustments. Their actual performance (WW in this case) will help build EPDs for the Angus breed, but have little effect on their own EPDs (which are quite good, BTW).

Since many people who buy our bulls sell calves at weaning, they want a bull with a high WW EPD. So when I start considering AI bulls to breed my cows, I'll pay close attention to their WW EPD.

ollie":2mtexw0p said:
Texan":2mtexw0p said:
ollie":2mtexw0p said:
I don't think what Frankie said is unbelievable.
This has got to be the most newsworthy quote of the day! I had to read it three times. Frankie's probably in a state of shock! ;-)
I am the one who believes weights remember. I would have expected Frankie and the rest of you guys to say who cares about actual data.

You can't have EPDs without actual data. :?:

just where are all these giant 6 month old angus calves at.ive never seen none.an im surronded by angus farms.~~~~~~~~~Tc

Tc":19m5ktv6 said:
just where are all these giant 6 month old angus calves at.ive never seen none.an im surronded by angus farms.~~~~~~~~~Tc

It is possible the breeders around you don't have any. what do you call giant
6 mo. old angus calves

ollie said:
Tc said:
Your spelling looks like your fixi'n to get ready for the vols. game soon.

oh im sorry oiiie ithought this was the cattle board not the spellng bee.

I just think if your trying to convince people your opinion is correct ,it is important to be sober.

la4angus said:
Tc said:

It is possible the breeders around you don't have any. what do you call giant
6 mo. old angus calves

just put your finger on the button that says scroll up an read the posts.you should no how to do it seeing all the nonsence post you make all the time.oh yea thats how you became"GURU"~~~~~~~~~~Tc

Tc":edeh04wl said:
la4angus":edeh04wl said:
just put your finger on the button that says scroll up an read the posts.you should no how to do it seeing all the nonsence post you make all the time.oh yea thats how you became"GURU"~~~~~~~~~~Tc

I have no problem scrolling up or reading the post's.
The question what do you call giant 6 mo. old calves. is it 500 lb. or 600 lb or 800 lb.

hillbilly 2 said:
easy TC, take a breath while I tell you about another big one.
I once bought a bred "cow" that was suposed to be bred to the biggest "bull" in america.
When the calf finally came it weighed 280 pounds.
After just 4 months it tipped the scales at a whopping 1108#.

They were a freaky new breed with long noses, "Elephants?"
They didn't catch on, They could eat a 4x4 bale in one bite.
And my poor little bull was scared of her.

Not a total loss, I sold her for slaughter at .36 per pound and walked a way with a check for $5760.00

Hillbilly

hillbilly you must be getting bussed on sudds again.~~~~~~~Tc

Texan said:
What kind of cows do you run, Tc? Maybe since y'all are up there in Tennessee you're accustomed to using full sibs?

tex i use beefmaster mommas .i also have some simangus an a few branvie cows.through the years ive tryed difrent bulls .every time i use angus i have low ww.i now avoid angus bulls like the plegg.if you want to see full sibs bread just read an angus pedagree.buy the way im relly impressed with the branvie momas .~~~~~~~~~~~~Tc

Tc":3tp7x97j said:
tex i use beefmaster mommas
Well, it sure seems like an Angus bull ought to get some real calves out of that kind of milker. And it looks like the Brown Swiss cows would raise a heavy calf out of anything......

la4angus said:
Tc said:
la4angus said:

I have no problem scrolling up or reading the post's.
The question what do you call giant 6 mo. old calves. is it 500 lb. or 600 lb or 800 lb.

if i saw a load of angus calves that i new for a fact they were under 7m old off grass nocreep over 530 id be verry surprised.~~~~~~~Tc

Tc":2u8xs7bu said:
The question is what do you call giant 6 mo. old calves. is it 500 lb. or 600 lb or 800 lb.

if i saw a load of angus calves that i new for a fact they were under 7m old off grass nocreep over 530 id be verry surprised.~~~~~~~Tc[/quote]

The question still has not been answered.
I will try to talk louder so you can hear over the Moonshine going down.

What do you call giant 6 mo. old calves. is it 500 lb, or 600 lb, or 800 lb.
Please get out of the moonshine and answer the question instead of beating around the bush.

GO BACK READ THE POSTS ONE OF THEM SAID THEY HAD ANGUS CALVES 205DAYS THAT WERE 700+ 800+ 900+ of GRASS NO CREEP. AN THE AVRAGE FOR ANGUS BULLS 600+THAT MAY BE WHATS WROTE DOWN IN AN ANGUS BOOK SOMEWHERE BUT THAT DONT MEAN ITS TRUE.ALL THIS ANGUS CRAP THESE DAYS IS GETTING PLUM REDICULUSE.HOW DID YOU NO I WS DRINKING MOON? ARE YOU SIKIK OR SIKOO?~~~~~~~~~Tc

Tc":3ebz4nit said:
GO BACK READ THE POSTS ONE OF THEM SAID THEY HAD ANGUS CALVES 205DAYS THAT WERE 700+ 800+ 900+ of GRASS NO CREEP. AN THE AVRAGE FOR ANGUS BULLS 600+THAT MAY BE WHATS WROTE DOWN IN AN ANGUS BOOK SOMEWHERE BUT THAT DONT MEAN ITS TRUE.ALL THIS ANGUS be nice THESE DAYS IS GETTING PLUM REDICULUSE.HOW DID YOU NO I WS DRINKING MOON? ARE YOU SIKIK OR SIKOO?~~~~~~~~~Tc

Actually there is some Angus cattle with these kind of numbers. No one said they all have these weights. You can believe what you want or not believe what you want. That's your problem.
As far as the Moon goes you tell us, about everytime you get on here and start posting replys and comments.
You still didn't tell us what weight you call 6 mo. giants

Latest posts