A question for Brahman Exhibitors in the US

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman

Reaction score
Tenterfield,New England Region NSW,Australia
I receive the American Brahman Journal and always wonder why the need for all the people posing in the photographs of winners. Surely only a picture of the leader of the animal and maybe the judge and the trophy sponsor or similar is needed. I've counted upwards of 8 persons in some photos. Why is there no photos ever taken outside and not in a "posed area"?
Here in Australia most official photos are taken in the open. Gives it a more personal feel.
Colin

that is the way it is with all breeds. anyone who helps it usually in the photo. family, the breeder, teacher, anyone who has helped you the whole way and suported you. its out of respect

They always have the judge, all the ranch owners, the guy showing for them, the fair queen/princess, and everyone else that has contributed (sometimes people buy a % interest of the animal) so they are in there. Im not sure, but I think the posed area kind of advertises for that show, and so the breeders have this picture that has all of the show information right there. Might be wrong about that one.

That's what I was going to suggest also.. it's not so much for the results of the show, but for the breeder to brag on their animals.