A question about ferrel hogs.

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Have those of you who have an abundance of ferrel hogs noticed that they've become more aggressive?

Cal

If you ever want to see how aggressive they really are, grab one of the piglets and make it squeal. You'll find out quickkkkk!

grannysoo":1762a4j6 said:
If you ever want to see how aggressive they really are, grab one of the piglets and make it squeal. You'll find out quickkkkk!
We are loaded with Ferrel Hogs----They will hurt you---Bigtime !!!!!! :banana:

I was spreading fertilizer on the coastal and stopped by the creek to relieve myself. Walked about 20 ft from the tractor,which I had left running,and what looked to be a 300lb bore came up the creek bank and charged after me.(actually it looked to be 800 lbs when charging me).I ran to the tractor and got my 45 and shot it 4 times.3 in the head and one in the neck.I think the first shot done it but somehow I couldn't stop my trigger finger from moving. It was about 6ft from me when it went down.
I have had sows with pigs to charge me before but this is the first for a bore in the open and seemed to be no reason for it. I have been talking to several around locally who have been charged.Seems in the last two months it's getting worse. If some of you know the reason I.d sure like to know.This is getting pretty dam dangerous.

Cal

That is scary!!

Another reason to always pack heat when on a tractor, in your truck, or about anywhere else. Given that, might also be a good idea to wear one's sidearm in a secure holster...for easy access while out in the fields or pastures.

Fortunately haven't seen any in our area. Just the usual deer jumping across the roads, skunks, opossums, armadillos, and occasional "house" cat...

Calman":s2sdeh1c said:
I ran to the tractor and got my 45 .......

Cal

Holsters are cheap. The 45, like the cell phone, should always be on your body. If you get hurt away from the tractor and can't get back to it, you've got problems. I owe my life to having a cell phone in my pocket.

grannysoo":2azslg1c said:
Calman":2azslg1c said:
I ran to the tractor and got my 45 .......

Cal

Holsters are cheap. The 45, like the cell phone, should always be on your body. If you get hurt away from the tractor and can't get back to it, you've got problems. I owe my life to having a cell phone in my pocket.
AMEN--I go NOWHERE on my place without a piece !!-----Wife too !! :nod: :nod:

grannysoo":24p5p6ck said:

Let me tell you a story about a stupid Mo boy hog hunting in South Texas. In the mid 90s a bunch of us loaded up our bows and headed down for some javelina and feral bow hunting. We were all experienced hunters but none of us had ever hog hunted and I was the only farm boy in the bunch. We got to the ranch and were asking (in hind sight) really stupid questions. One of the locals gave me a rabbit squealer and told me if I got in a sounder to just squeal and the hogs would come running out for a look. Well I did just what I was told and it worked just like I was told, and I'm very lucky I was also carrying a gun. We were out of hogs when I was a small boy but growing up around livestock I should have know better but didn't. I wanted to kill the guy, but by the time I came in for the night I had decided that if I was that stupid I got just what I deserved but I did "discuss" it with him.

Latest posts