A Pretty Surprise

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
Had a door come undone and fall off the old Burly Tobacco Barn and inside yesterday I found #51 and this pretty heifer. She knew where to go to get out of the sun and away from the buzzards. Not a good pic from this morning but best I could get at the time. Had another come while I was trying to be a photographer.

Thanks TT.
July was a terrible month here. Hot, Dry & Badly Humid. 3 calves became bottle calves, 1 momma died, and another calf came close. We got that calf to pull through but looks like his joints in front legs are gonna swell. August has came in and have felt wonderful. The two newbies I think will be fine.

FlyingLSimmentals":2z315fed said:
Thanks TT.
July was a terrible month here. Hot, Dry & Badly Humid. 3 calves became bottle calves, 1 momma died, and another calf came close. We got that calf to pull through but looks like his joints in front legs are gonna swell. August has came in and have felt wonderful. The two newbies I think will be fine.

You certainly had your share of bad luck.

Better knock her in the head, way to much white on her for what the breed wants. ;-)

Seriously though, nice looking heifer. Love those white faces!

Cute calf, but really like the cow, especially because of the 'smarts' she has shown in her choice of calving spot :) #61, orange tag pictured close by, HAS to be related????

Thanks Everyone!
Ron thought I done shared it here "CT" somewhere that we calf year around. Just usually works best not having the bull locked up. Also probably have too many cows for 1 bull in a control short breeding season and didn't like the idea of running 2. Usually don't have as many summer calves, but with my blaze face bull having the feet problems a few of them slipped back before the new bull was entered. Also I have some to sell different times of the year and most years things go well. Occasionally problems with heat & humidity like this July or cold freezing weather in Jan-Feb. August is going well. Pretty sure we'll just have 1 more in August.

FlyingLSimmentals":2thdyyfl said:
Thanks Everyone!
Ron thought I done shared it here "CT" somewhere that we calf year around. Just usually works best not having the bull locked up. Also probably have too many cows for 1 bull in a control short breeding season and didn't like the idea of running 2. Usually don't have as many summer calves, but with my blaze face bull having the feet problems a few of them slipped back before the new bull was entered. Also I have some to sell different times of the year and most years things go well. Occasionally problems with heat & humidity like this July or cold freezing weather in Jan-Feb. August is going well. Pretty sure we'll just have 1 more in August.

Thanks

Yeah your right gator never really thought of one calving in there. Usually you couldn't even lure them into a barn with both ends open. Good think the farm road headed straight to the barn or it might have been awhile before I located her and calf.
Thanks Gator & GA!

Latest posts