A NO--Go Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

We had one with a stifle injury, but never a case of low libido. It's the South, you know... ;-)

3waycross":2zdh4erj said:
Are you sure he's not just a night shift worker. Alot of them are,

That is what I was thinking. He is probably breeding them and the person just does not realize it. I do not see all of my cows get bred yet they have calves every year.

Yes I have seen a No Go bull. He would stand next to the cow in heat give all hints that he was ready to mount, and pardon the expression, shoot his load on the ground.
Now I caught him doing this so he hit the road.

Was your bull tested?

The last bull I used was 7 or 8 and he was all fired up, acted like a horny teen...This hereford is so mellow, he hardly act like he wants any... He easy up and on them off them in just a minute...Quite and easy, with juice a fling...I never seen a bull so easy..

S&WSigma40VEShooter":akwcj3e0 said:
3waycross":akwcj3e0 said:
Are you sure he's not just a night shift worker. Alot of them are,

That is what I was thinking. He is probably breeding them and the person just does not realize it. I do not see all of my cows get bred yet they have calves every year.

My neighbor said the same thing about my bull several years ago. He was always on the other side of the pasture laying under a tree. He thought I would have open cows. They all calved ;-)

I've seen some bulls that wanted to breed 24/7. They would breed a fence post if it stood still, and then I've seen some that you just want to get in their faces, slap them around a bit and say "you're a man, act like it."

A guy at work bought a new bull this year. It's a two year old black Limi. It bred no cows this year and he ended up turning his old bull in to get the job done. It's a 6 yo red Limi. He's going to give it another chance this fall then send it back if it doesn't perform. :D

You may have a bull that treats his job like a real job, not a sex party. I have really found that with GV's ,and get paranoid at the beginning of every breeding season as I see cows in heat and they ignore them. Until ,they do not come into heat in 21 days and we usually get 100% all preggers in checking. Your bull may have bred her once ,twice, realized he got the job done and moved on or waited for the next customer.

The only way to tell is to check for heats keep detailed records and if these girls are coming into heat again the bull hits the road or you get your vet involved to do some random testing on cows and bull.

spoon":17mf80r1 said:
A guy at work bought a new bull this year. It's a two year old black Limi. It bred no cows this year and he ended up turning his old bull in to get the job done. It's a 6 yo red Limi. He's going to give it another chance this fall then send it back if it doesn't perform. :D

Your friend is nuts :dunce:

alftn":3q9d8ndo said:
The last bull I used was 7 or 8 and he was all fired up, acted like a horny teen...This hereford is so mellow, he hardly act like he wants any... He easy up and on them off them in just a minute...Quite and easy, with juice a fling...I never seen a bull so easy..

Say what?

3waycross":13apcds4 said:
spoon":13apcds4 said:

Hamburger :tiphat:

I turn my hereford bull out on brahman cows in June/July when it's hot. Cows are out all day grazing and you can never find the bull anywhere but laying under a tree. 9 months later all the cows are calving so he is smart enough to go to work when it's cooler at night.

3waycross":ac7x5oqh said:
spoon":ac7x5oqh said:

Well put!

Latest posts