A nice surprise to share with everyone....

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
My two nieces. Myra, 2 lbs 4 ounces, and Claire, 2 lbs 10 ounces, were born in Calgary early Saturday morning. They're pre-mies (obviously), and they had to be delivered via C-section because of some complications that came up that they had to come out ASAP. But the two girls and the mom are doing just fine now.

So, as I'm typing this, I'm at the hospital in Calgary right now waiting for the new dad and grandpa to see them.

:D

Congratulations!!!

We all assume you will post pictures!!

Thanks. :)

Myra is the one we're most worried about, she's had a tough go of it ever since she was taken from the womb, because of some sort of infection that came up. She can't breathe on her own, and had to have some nitrous (or is it nitric?) oxide put into her lungs to keep them from collapsing and help her breathe. She's also had to have some spinal fluid drawn from her to test for meningitis, and of course she's giving the nurses a hard time about it because she seems to not like being handled too much. So we're praying that she'll keep on fighting and she'll get over this critical stage she's in.

I forgot to take the camera with me, but I'll post some pics that her pa will give me, once I do get them.

Well, it ain't over yet. Still got another 12 weeks before they can be taken home. But those girls are strong and tough little fighters nonetheless, probably due to that Scot blood in them.

I like their names too, their a heck of a lot better than some of the names you hear folks name their kids nowadays, like Rainbow or Sunshine or even Pink. :roll:

Congrats Auntie.
Many prayers for the twins and their parents.They are going to gave a difficult time between now and when they can finally go home.
Hope all goes well for your family.

hillsdown":3lvri3us said:
Congrats Auntie.
Many prayers for the twins and their parents.They are going to gave a difficult time between now and when they can finally go home.

Thanks hillsdown. It's gonna be quite a rollercoaster ride for all of us.

Thanks...I hope you folks don't mind if i keep you updated with the happenings of the twins...

I luv herfrds":269jzcro said:
What week were they at?

They were at the 28 week mark. So they still have 12 more weeks to go before they can come home.

IluvABbeef":9hvecrcs said:
hillsdown":9hvecrcs said:
Congrats Auntie.

Thanks hillsdown. It's gonna be quite a rollercoaster ride for all of us.

You will make it thru, it is unbelievable what the doctors can do these days with preemies. My sister in law had preemies, delivered almost 3 months early. I mean they were so tiny, my brother in law held one in the palm of his hand. I had never seen a human being so tiny. They were in the hospital for months, and there were scares along hte way, but they are now going to be 4 years old in January, and really are quite the characters.

GMN

Update:

Claire has been in her incubator for quite some time now, breathing on her own, and being orally fed milk from her mom (milk taken from her mom and froze for storage). The new mom's been able to hold Claire three times already.

Myra has been taken off the nitrous oxide, but the nurses found she's bleeding a little from between her heart and lungs, and she's still on the oxygen machine. She's hanging in there, and she was very responsive to her new dad when he just lightly laid a hand on her back: she calmed down immediately.

And I'm sitting here imagining what kind of little holy terrors they're gonna be 3 or 5 years from now. :lol: :lol:

Cogratulations to you all.....hope Myra will be OK which I'm sure she will. Please post pic's when you can....
My oldest who is now 30 was a premmie, 3lb 10oz, not that you can tell now. She was in hospital for 4 weeks after birth. That should have been her time to be born.

Latest posts