A new one

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
Born this morning. A Foresight bull calf out of a Right Time cow. Don't have him weighed or tagged yet.

Jan09002.jpg

Jan09001.jpg

Cute calf, he kinda looks like my Foresight calf in the face. Did you weigh him yet?

RD-Sam":2l5n1l83 said:
Cute calf, he kinda looks like my Foresight calf in the face. Did you weigh him yet?

Yes, he weighed 84 lbs. His full brother last year had an actual BW of 79 lbs and adjusted 205 day weight of 824. Brother was born on 1/27, so the cow moved up a few days. He was a nice bull, but got sick at the test station and hasn't done very well up there. :(

Nice calf, he will work for me in a couple years. I notice the cow is not up and pawing the ground while your taking a close up pic. I bet she hardly missed a chew as you worked the newborn. 8)

mnmtranching":31v7po5l said:
Nice calf, he will work for me in a couple years. I notice the cow is not up and pawing the ground while your taking a close up pic. I bet she hardly missed a chew as you worked the newborn. 8)

She's a calm, laid back cow. She didn't like us getting hold of the calf to weigh and tag him, but she's not a problem. But temperment is funny. Her daughter, a Foreman cow, is in the calving trap, too, and I expect she's going to be a bit harder to deal with when that calf is born. Yet we've got several TC Foreman cows on the place that are calm and easy going. :???: Sometimes there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for different temperments.