A new meaning to "Hanging Out"

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild

Reaction score
These critters are bunched up all around our house. Wife wants to swat them. I say leave them be. They got to be eating something less desirable.

DSCN2184.jpg

I'm with the wife. Get them away from the house. Yuk. I don't mind critters in the barn or pasture, but sure don't like the idea of spiders hanging around the doorways into the house. And that's where they seem to congergate. I guess the house lights attract bugs and the bugs attract spiders. We have toads at the front and back door, too. Have to be careful when I step out at night to get the dog feed that they don't hop into the house.

Daddy Long-legs...and they're not really spiders-they are harmless and eat bugs,but will make me hurt myself if one gets on me :nod: :oops:

peg4x4":2cz94v03 said:
Daddy Long-legs...and they're not really spiders-they are harmless and eat bugs,but will make me hurt myself if one gets on me :nod: :oops:

I hear that. One of my horror experiences in Latham Springs Baptist Encampment, as a child. The tabernacle was a haven for daddy longlegs. Millions of them.

I'd sweep them off, Wewild. If you do that when they first start to congregate then will just make a home somewhere else. We do it with banana spiders and they don't make webs on the eaves anymore.

Actually they are more deadly than a black widow spider...but bite diffently and are unable to bite humans or anything large so are harmless. I' ve been seeing them too...don't know if it's the mating season or just having a bull session.

Latest posts